TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Repair / Replacement Parts

Default Repair / Replacement Parts

I need to get a repair panel for the rear wheel well of my 75 GMC K25. My first thought was LMC Truck but thought that I should ask you guys before I ordered. Where do you get your door shells, hoods, repair panels ? It seems that shipping can cost as much as the part sometimes. Is there a place in the North East that I could go and pick up the parts or at least save a little in shipping?

Default alot of paint jobbers can get these for you...

Its not worth paying for shipping, getting those parts locally is usually very cheep. Most car paint supply/auto part stores carry a few lines and can order them for you. In many instances, you'll get the part the same or next day...
    My 2 cents worth...
    Serge

I use Keystone for most of my aftermarket panels but I don't think they make repair panels. I usually use Mill Supply for that kind of stuff. JC Whitney also carries a lot of repair panels.

Serge is on to something there. If your running a shop you can bill out the costs of the panels but shipping these days depending on the size of the panel is outrageous.

As a example I need to get going on the floor boards on my project this season. Price is about $174.00 for each full length side but the freight on each is over half the cost of the item ($114.00). This is coming from Ohio or maybe N.C. to Western NY State.

You can check out Sherman Parts or a few others around on the net, but with the price of fuel today shipping anything is pricey.

Hitting up a Pick and Pull is always an option provide you have the means to cut out what you want when you get there and you can find something in decent shape.

Greg
    Thoughts and comments expressed by me are mine based on my own experience and research and shared here freely. I am not a professional nor make any claim to be as such

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the local stores and see what they can do for me. Greg, it seems that all the local yards have crushed anything that I can use on my 1975 GMC truck :mad: I am going to put an add in the local paper hoping I can find a donnor truck. That is once we get ridd of all this darnned snow!

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat up here as well. With the price they get now for scrap steel, they're not keeping stuff on the lot long these days. Esp. cars that are decades old.

Greg
    Thoughts and comments expressed by me are mine based on my own experience and research and shared here freely. I am not a professional nor make any claim to be as such

Up my way near Siren WI the yards are pretty well empty of 92 and older with the price of steel at close to 210 ton.

KaiyureBoy, Maybe I have not had enough coffee this morning but what do you mean by MSN? rcj

Quote Originally Posted by rattlecanjoe
    KaiyureBoy, Maybe I have not had enough coffee this morning but what do you mean by MSN? rcj
    He's just a spammer who is no longer with us

I was kinda thinking that. Thanks, rcj