TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: cream hardner in All Metal?

Default cream hardner in All Metal?

The other day I was adding the liquid hardner to All Metal and the tube cracked and went everywhere. Can I use the blue or red cream hardner with All Metal or will it not do it's job? I'm pretty sure the stores around don't carry the liquid hardner by itself and I've still got 3/4 of a gallon left.

thanks in advance.

88GT Guest

Napa carries it, but I thought all metal took the cream hardner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurst
    The other day I was adding the liquid hardner to All Metal and the tube cracked and went everywhere. Can I use the blue or red cream hardner with All Metal or will it not do it's job? I'm pretty sure the stores around don't carry the liquid hardner by itself and I've still got 3/4 of a gallon left.

thanks in advance.
    The large tube of the All Metal liquid hardener would cost you $4.50 plus shipping from us. Call 1-888-485-5008 to order #E30040

Thanks Len but I need some today and I found it. I will be ordering some more 3 inch compound and polishing pads very soon.

88GT Guest

maybe Im thinking metal 2 metal. are they different? I dont use either

USC's All Metal (Grey Can with Blue and Red Stripes IIRC) cannot use any other activator than the one made for it. It's a liquid that's sorta brownish

I'm not sure you could get it to mix with the blue cream one's like Evercoat uses.

You should be able to get a tube at any autobody supply store.

Greg
    Thoughts and comments expressed by me are mine based on my own experience and research and shared here freely. I am not a professional nor make any claim to be as such

My hardener for All Metal did the same thing. I tried several different types of hardener and none of them worked very well...Stopped curing at rubbery.
    I got some more from my supplier and this time, I'm keeping it in the fridge. I don't know if that will help but I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Reid
    My hardener for All Metal did the same thing. I tried several different types of hardener and none of them worked very well...Stopped curing at rubbery.
    I got some more from my supplier and this time, I'm keeping it in the fridge. I don't know if that will help but I'm trying it.
    I just put the proper hardener for All Metal and Metal to Metal in the store at Body Shop Tools/Working With Filler/Filler Materials or at the link below for $3.99 for the large tube.

I also added the large (2.75oz) tubes of cream hardener to the site.
    Last edited by Len; 07-12-2007 at 11:08 PM.

I'm wondering if the All Metal reactor would last longer in a small glass bottle with a medicine dropper. It seems to vulcanize(?) the soft plastic tube after a period of time.

If your adding to much reactor to the filler that will make it cure so fast that it starts to go "rubbery" before you even have mixed it fully or shortly there after.

I just finished using a tube that I had for a few years in my toolbox. Never put it in the fridge or anything like that.

I've had tubes of the blue cream hardener pop on me. Had just gotten it from the store. I think the hole for dispensing doesn't get punched all the way through or obstructed somehow and when you got to dispense the stuff the air/product has nowhere to go.

Greg
    Thoughts and comments expressed by me are mine based on my own experience and research and shared here freely. I am not a professional nor make any claim to be as such