TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Anyone have any mixing tips they can spare?

Question Anyone have any mixing tips they can spare?

Hi there,

I am a broke student trying to repair a car for a cancer patient.

I bought the 50ml Lord Fusor Dispensing gun, and I dont have any mixing tips.

I called all the local stores and they dont carry these tips.

I was wondering if there are any kindhearted individuals on here who could mail me three or four?

I will pay the shipping of course.

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/pro...otive-adhesive

They dont have to be the Fusor brand.

God Bless.

@Len

Sorry I donít have any but if you canít get some you can do what I have done in your situation. I keep a tablet of sheets for mixing filler on. They work well for epoxy too. You can gun out the Fuser and mix the two lines of product with a pair of plastic spreaders and use one of them to apply the mixed product on your car. Itís a little clumsy and needs good technique to keep the close areas clean but it works in a pinch.

Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by Another Mazda story View Post
    Hi there,

I am a broke student trying to repair a car for a cancer patient.

I bought the 50ml Lord Fusor Dispensing gun, and I dont have any mixing tips.

I called all the local stores and they dont carry these tips.

I was wondering if there are any kindhearted individuals on here who could mail me three or four?

I will pay the shipping of course.

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/pro...otive-adhesive

They dont have to be the Fusor brand.

God Bless.

@Len
    For the 50ml tube they are $2.80 each plus shipping. The shipping will be more than the mixing tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    For the 50ml tube they are $2.80 each plus shipping. The shipping will be more than the mixing tips.

Thank you Len

What is the cheapest type of mixing tips that is acceptable for the Fusor gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Another Mazda story View Post
    Thank you Len

What is the cheapest type of mixing tips that is acceptable for the Fusor gun?
    Since the tips are not very expensive I don't shop around, I just purchase the Fusor tips.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Sorry I donít have any but if you canít get some you can do what I have done in your situation. I keep a tablet of sheets for mixing filler on. They work well for epoxy too. You can gun out the Fuser and mix the two lines of product with a pair of plastic spreaders and use one of them to apply the mixed product on your car. Itís a little clumsy and needs good technique to keep the close areas clean but it works in a pinch.

Bob K
    Are you sure the mix is equal in quality to as if you had a mixing nozzle?

Never had a problem. Most of the time now I use 3M tubs kind of like toothpaste tubes. One part is black and the other is white. Then mix to a gray and you can tell if they aren't mixed well because you can see streaks of color. It doesnít take many folds and spreads on the tablet to get it mixed. I just did one last week to repair a $200 trim piece on the back of a Honda. Two of the brackets that hold the pins to the lift gate were broken off. I plastic welded them back on but the plastic brackets are very thin and I didnt trust the weld because as I heated them the plastic beaded up and the brackets got smaller. I mixed up a small batch of epoxy as I explained and reinforced the brackets. I only used an ounce or so of material. If I had used a mixing tube I would have lost more than that because you canít get it all out of the mixing nozzle.

Bob K