TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Omni vs shopline

Default Omni vs shopline

Ive used a lot of omni epoxy, couldnt get any this week so paint guy sent over some shopline, any issues with shopline?

Quote Originally Posted by skip99 View Post
    Ive used a lot of omni epoxy, couldnt get any this week so paint guy sent over some shopline, any issues with shopline?
    I haven't used either of those products but I can tell you from my experience with most paint is that "you get what you pay for" and the low cost products usually have problems that the higher priced products don't have. Longer life is normally one trait of good paint.

Default Primer

Shopline was $200 for gallon primer and hardner , onni was about $150…
    What do you use for black epoxy?

Shopline was $200 for gallon primer and hardner , onni was about $150…
    What do you use for black epoxy?
    For single stage we use BASF Glasurit 22 Line which runs between $750 and $850 a gallon without hardener.

For base coat we use BASF Diamont which is about the same price but needs clear coat that runs about $400 a gallon plus hardener.

Of course these types of paint are used mostly on work that goes for a high price, looks great and lasts a long time. In most cases a less expensive paint looks the same when finished but usually doesn't hold up as well and can be more difficult to repair if it gets damaged.

Default Primer

Sorry, i was asking about epoxy primer, I use ppg dbc and 2021 concept clear for topcoats, yes, expensive…

I've always used PPG. Used to go high line, but for the last 10+ years I've only used omni and shopline single stage urethane and mostly epoxy primers. I can't tell a difference in the epoxy primer, but the DP tech sheet says topcoat w/o prep up to 7 days vs the low line at 3 days. Omni and Shopline are supposedly same product, just branded differently for larger suppliers to differentiate themselves. I have not tried bc/cc in those lines, but I would expect decent performance. Price wise, they are very close in my area.

I did try another alternative, Matrix, and I liked it. BC/CC and epoxy, all good stuff. But the shop closed a while ago and there isn't a local supplier anymore.

https://www.matrixsystem.com/en/index.html

Default Good info

Quote Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
    I've always used PPG. Used to go high line, but for the last 10+ years I've only used omni and shopline single stage urethane and mostly epoxy primers. I can't tell a difference in the epoxy primer, but the DP tech sheet says topcoat w/o prep up to 7 days vs the low line at 3 days. Omni and Shopline are supposedly same product, just branded differently for larger suppliers to differentiate themselves. I have not tried bc/cc in those lines, but I would expect decent performance. Price wise, they are very close in my area.

I did try another alternative, Matrix, and I liked it. BC/CC and epoxy, all good stuff. But the shop closed a while ago and there isn't a local supplier anymore.

https://www.matrixsystem.com/en/index.html
    Thanks! That helps…

Default Shopline

Thanks! That helps…
    Bought shopline, it appears to be the same as omni, looks the same, smells a little different, sprays the same..

Bought shopline, it appears to be the same as omni, looks the same, smells a little different, sprays the same..
    Smells a little different? Interesting... You didn't have covid between your omin/shopline experience, have you??? :-)