TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 3M DISPOSABLE CUPS ORIGINAL OR SERIES 2?

Default 3M DISPOSABLE CUPS ORIGINAL OR SERIES 2?

I know the original series are more clumsy, but seem more costly than series 2. Particularly the cups and ring. And it doesn't appear they can go on a shaker. I have the shaker adapter ring for series 2 but don't know if it fits the original series.

I'm thinking of possibly trying the HF brand to save money, bc the original series on Amazon are too pricey imho. But they are thinner.

Opinions?

I like this much better,
    cheaper, easier and cleaner.
    and you can use store bought Zip-Lock quart freezer bags with them.

https://www.zoro.com/devilbiss-dispo...QaApiLEALw_wcB

Thumbs up and they're even USA made!

I like this idea...a lot! I even have an account with Zoro. Thanks JC

We used those plastic bags when DeVilbiss first came out with them but the cups work much better and that's all we use now. No cup cleaning, any angle spraying, easy storage of leftover material. That's all we use these days. the three things that are needed are the adapter for the gun, the outer cup frame and the liners.

When I look at the price of the cups to get started, 3m seems like a bargain. I already have 3 series 2 midi cups and a few new lids and liners, so I'm good for now once my adapter gets here later today.

I don't paint too often, but when I do it's nice to have seperate cups, 1 for sealer, 1 for base, and 1 for clear. Since my workshop is so small, I need to paint the small parts separately a day or two later when I can move the vehicle itself outside.

I sure do miss the 36x80 pole barn I used to have. But here we can't have large buildings along the lake. 12' high- I could have painted a school bus in there!

The only part of the cup I clean is the bottom threaded connection.
    the Zip-Lock bag protects the rest.
    Those liners and lids are to expensive for me

Quote Originally Posted by JCCLARK View Post
    The only part of the cup I clean is the bottom threaded connection.
    the Zip-Lock bag protects the rest.
    Those liners and lids are to expensive for me
    With DeVilbiss it costs about $2 to $3 for each use depending on which size liners we're using. But because we are normally trying to get things done quickly it's been worth it.

At an hourly rate it sure doesn't take long to offset that $3 per use. I'm using $100 an hour for basic quotes and considering increasing it. At that kind of rate, if you save more than 2 minutes you are making money.
    LET'S GO DARWIN!

LOL I had a lid soaking in acetone to clean it. Left it in there for a few days. It got very clean, but expanded so much it no longer fits into the cup! It even fits inside a fresh lid!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Buttafucco Collision View Post
    LOL I had a lid soaking in acetone to clean it. Left it in there for a few days. It got very clean, but expanded so much it no longer fits into the cup! It even fits inside a fresh lid!
    The only thing we allow to soak for any period of time is metal parts.

I actually forgot it was in there. Another senior moment...