TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Imperfections

Default Imperfections

This is the hood off of an old garden tractor, the tack on the brace inside gave way and I welded back in place. Each side has little divots that need to be filled. Was just gonna use lots of coats of primer but that was going nowhere fast. They really need to be filled in how should I go about it? Thanks!! Hard to get good images.

IMG_20220530_202630975.jpg IMG_20220530_202615817.jpg

We would probably scuff the low spots with some 180 grit then press in some polyester putty, block sand with some 220 then prime and finish block sanding with some 400 or 600 grit before painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    We would probably scuff the low spots with some 180 grit then press in some polyester putty, block sand with some 220 then prime and finish block sanding with some 400 or 600 grit before painting.

Thanks for your reply, I hope that stuff comes in small quantities I do not need much. If I leave the tin alone the area will stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 67flh View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I hope that stuff comes in small quantities I do not need much. If I leave the tin alone the area will stand out like a sore thumb.
    Unfortunately that's the smallest quantity of that particular product and it's not cheap. You may be able to get away with a small amount of body filler but it may not work as well as the putty.