TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Sanding scratch showing in basecoat

Default Sanding scratch showing in basecoat

Hi all,

I am doing a repair on a rocker/sill and when I applied ythe basecoat I noticed this, I thought I'd blocked everything down correctly but obviously not.

I thought it was a hair at first!!

It's a metallic colour.

Best way to sort please?

Thanks.

IMG_20220519_193040.jpg

Depending on the depth of the scratch you can either block sand it with some fine sandpaper or sand and spray a filler primer then block sand. If it's a deep scratch you could even use a small/fine brush to apply some filler primer into the scratch then level it by block sanding. No matter which method you use you'll need to repaint that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Depending on the depth of the scratch you can either block sand it with some fine sandpaper or sand and spray a filler primer then block sand. If it's a deep scratch you could even use a small/fine brush to apply some filler primer into the scratch then level it by block sanding. No matter which method you use you'll need to repaint that area.
    Cheers Len.

Took your advice and block sanded it with some 400g then 600, scratch no longer visable so I've repainted it and it's got rid of the sanding mark but a slight halo has appeared!

It's very slight so going to leave it at that!

Thanks again