TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stripping paint

Default DA

Hey Henry, the DA that seems a little newer is a DeVilbiss ATP90, the one Iíve used, the other I canít read the info on it, but itís a smaller disk.
    Sorry for your loss, my dad has been gone for six years now, he was a month shy of 90. He had a used car business for years and did have mechanics fix them years ago. He kept a lot of tools in a back storage room after he stopped having them worked on, times change as do the requirements for working on vehicles, got to be more of a PITA to keep up with them so he just stop messing with them. Anyway, thatís how I got most of the tools I have today.

Hereís some pics of the DAs, Iím sure when I take the time to really look at these Iíll see I can change the pads out, havenít tried yet.
    Motor Safe,
    Lee

Default OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman49 View Post
    Hey Henry, the DA that seems a little newer is a DeVilbiss ATP90, the one Iíve used, the other I canít read the info on it, but itís a smaller disk.
    Sorry for your loss, my dad has been gone for six years now, he was a month shy of 90. He had a used car business for years and did have mechanics fix them years ago. He kept a lot of tools in a back storage room after he stopped having them worked on, times change as do the requirements for working on vehicles, got to be more of a PITA to keep up with them so he just stop messing with them. Anyway, thatís how I got most of the tools I have today.

Hereís some pics of the DAs, Iím sure when I take the time to really look at these Iíll see I can change the pads out, havenít tried yet.
    Three of thee same DA are "DEVILBISS ATP90 Dual Action Air Sander" and would have the standard pad attaching thread. They would have Spindle Thread Size: 5/16"-24.

You bottom LEFT photo appears to be a standard GRINDER for a grinding disc in which you would change out the disc according to the size of the backup flex pad. This would not be a rubber pad as in the DA.

Henry

This sounds like a fantastic paint remover. I have lots of paint to strip one day. I don't suppose there is a dust collector accessory/add on? Am I over thinking this?

Default Not on mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmystoys View Post
    This sounds like a fantastic paint remover. I have lots of paint to strip one day. I don't suppose there is a dust collector accessory/add on? Am I over thinking this?
    Thereís no dust collector on my model, donít know about other brands. I try to do some of my heavier sanding outside, still wearing a mask and eye protection. Inside I wear my 1/2 face respirator and face shield if itís too bad. I do have the doors open with fans blowing to help clear it. On any of these paint removal and sanding machines make sure to protect your eyes and lungs. Iíve noticed as this SCT 40 grit drum wears down, the more it seems to shed little pieces, thus the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
    Motor Safe,
    Lee

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Three of thee same DA are "DEVILBISS ATP90 Dual Action Air Sander" and would have the standard pad attaching thread. They would have Spindle Thread Size: 5/16"-24.

You bottom LEFT photo appears to be a standard GRINDER for a grinding disc in which you would change out the disc according to the size of the backup flex pad. This would not be a rubber pad as in the DA.

Henry
    Thanks for the feedback Henry. Iíll probably be buying one asap after I work off some of this honey-do list and get in to town.
    Motor Safe,
    Lee