TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Seam sealer question

Default Seam sealer question

I removed a strut tower bar and it remove some of the sealer. How do I make sure there’s no moisture being trapped when I apply new sealer?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy1091 View Post
    I removed a strut tower bar and it remove some of the sealer. How do I make sure there’s no moisture being trapped when I apply new sealer?
    If you can't get behind it there may be no way to see if you have any water being trapped other than drilling holes in it then filling over the holes.

Default Air...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy1091 View Post
    The use of a blow gun on your airline may help display any moisture but won't get rid of it but rather spread it around a little. See if you can blow air from both sides.

Also, depending where, a heat gun may help you out. My personal take might lean toward with no outside air getting to the area or the wet and sealed well, chances of rot forming would be remote at best. I do support getting ANY moisture OUT (if at all possible) - BUT?

Keep us posted.

Henry