TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Pull post anchor cups

Default Pull post anchor cups

Can anyone out there school me on th installation of pull post anchors in a floor that doesn't have them?

Looking to instal a couple in my for some light duty pulling. Being that the build was built at least 30 years ago and never build as a body shop. Previous owner stored his RV in it, I need to know the trick to putting them in.

I understand core drill and making the hole, but what secures them in place if the existing floor was never laid out and set up for them?

Default Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by 440A-body View Post
    Can anyone out there school me on th installation of pull post anchors in a floor that doesn't have them?

Looking to instal a couple in my for some light duty pulling. Being that the build was built at least 30 years ago and never build as a body shop. Previous owner stored his RV in it, I need to know the trick to putting them in.

I understand core drill and making the hole, but what secures them in place if the existing floor was never laid out and set up for them?
    How you been? Hope all is well for you & yours.

Below is a video of a guy with more than you need to know with a hole made in the floor BEFORE it was poured. HOWEVER, at 6:45 is where you want to look as he removes all from the hole and has what you would have after drilling a new hole. Have a look as he inserts & tests the "POT". Again, to see the new pot installed go to 6:45:

Also, here is a LINK to the page of more such installations. Let us know how you make out!

https://www.google.com/search?q=inst...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Henry

I installed several anchor pots in my last shop for my CNC and 4 post lift. The 4" anchor pots I installed pretty much worked off the same principle as a concrete wedge anchor (see pic).

While I didn't use the Champ product mine worked off the same principle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z84m1WOW1k
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Hmmmmm....

Basically the same as I posted above!

But thanks for the additional view.

H

Those wedge anchors are amazing. I use them at work on a regular bases. Watch your floor depth as you don't want to drill through the slab. Most floors are only 4" thick. Once secure in place you can pull a bus up with them.
    Building my dream one piece at a time.

Several years ago we had a lot of anchor pots installed in two bays and use them when we use our pull post.

The company we purchased the pots from installed them.
    Last edited by Len; 06-05-2021 at 08:22 AM.

the champ pots are awesome, but i've never installed them. it looks like you need at least 4 inches of concrete thickness to set them properly? i've always made up my own pads and set them with concrete anchors like the ones ronf posted, or the other ones that leave the female threads in the concrete so nothing sticks up from the floor when they're removed.
    if i'm installing the bolt style wedge, i'll drill all the way through the slab so i can hammer them down flush when i'm sure i won't be using the again. it's really amazing how strong they are, the harder you pull, the tighter they grip.
    there's also some epoxy set ones if you need extra holding insurance.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Basically the same as I posted above!

But thanks for the additional view.

H
    henry,

I believe it was the exact same item as you posted, I just wanted him to see the wedged cone sleeve that goes in first in case he didn't catch it on your posted vid.

Default Yes sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    henry,

I believe it was the exact same item as you posted, I just wanted him to see the wedged cone sleeve that goes in first in case he didn't catch it on your posted vid.
    That is true, good buddy. He does have choices!

Hey, I like what LEN showed that he had installed (shown above!) Leave it to the boss.

Enjoy the weekend - make some time for yourself!

Henry