TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hail damage repair and insurance

Thanks for posting that link Ron, what a crazy thing. I guess every place has its own thing. I can just imagine how that must feel if you get caught outside in a hailstorm like that.
    I canít believe 1500 is all theyíre going to cough up for all that. Too bad Style isnít closer, I believe he could pdr it. Iíve seen some examples of stuff heís done and itís amazing. Anyone else, not so much.
    Youíll heal it up, but itís time and effort you shouldnít have to spend. I guarantee that no other shop will give it the attention to detail that you will, but dang, 1500 probably wonít even cover supplies.
    b marler

Default Yes sir...

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    Thanks for posting that link Ron, what a crazy thing. I guess every place has its own thing. I can just imagine how that must feel if you get caught outside in a hailstorm like that.
    I canít believe 1500 is all theyíre going to cough up for all that. Too bad Style isnít closer, I believe he could pdr it. Iíve seen some examples of stuff heís done and itís amazing. Anyone else, not so much.
    Youíll heal it up, but itís time and effort you shouldnít have to spend. I guarantee that no other shop will give it the attention to detail that you will, but dang, 1500 probably wonít even cover supplies.
    I agree with you regarding 'style' as I've followed him for many years. He's a 'junkie' with and for this work and dives in where many don't go.

The other thing is change the hood and reskin the roof (not all that big a deal) and Ron is more than qualified to do that part. I mean the windshield has to come out anyway. Fortunately, the insurance company is having another look at their original estimate (CLOWNS).

(Besides, their job is to collect 'premiums' not pay 'claims'!)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I agree with you regarding 'style' as I've followed him for many years. He's a 'junkie' with and for this work and dives in where many don't go.

The other thing is change the hood and reskin the roof (not all that big a deal) and Ron is more than qualified to do that part. I mean the windshield has to come out anyway. Fortunately, the insurance company is having another look at their original estimate (CLOWNS).

(Besides, their job is to collect 'premiums' not pay 'claims'!)
    Style is in El Paso TX.

Default AND !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Style is in El Paso TX.
    In addition, he has posted here over a bunch of years, he was chasing "hail hit areas" with his PDR tools and bringing home lots of money. A lot of which he has shown here.

I follow a YouTube guy @AAR ( #AAR ) in Oklahoma City who features a lot of COPART walk-arounds and there are always lots of hail damage 'totals' some of which is very hard to see.

Henry

In addition, he has posted here over a bunch of years, he was chasing "hail hit areas" with his PDR tools and bringing home lots of money. A lot of which he has shown here.

I follow a YouTube guy @AAR ( #AAR ) in Oklahoma City who features a lot of COPART walk-arounds and there are always lots of hail damage 'totals' some of which is very hard to see.

Henry
    Really crazy how after all the things I've done detailing pays the best

Pdr wasnt bad 10 days driving 20 days working and 35k cash in a month but ceramic coatings give me easily 2500 a car in 7 hrs

Style, talk to me some more about ceramic coating ...

I keep getting asked a lot about from my customers
    ..I might as well do it...

Can it be profitable?

How is the learning curve to be good at it?

Sorry to hear this Ronf, what a horrible experience, I feel for you buddy.
    Keep us posted.

bmarler, henry, style and Len

First let me say I am not opposed to PDR work as I believe they have their place in this particular environment. However, not every P&B PDR repair tech will be as particular or as knowledgeable as "Style" and that is what scares me. Geez..200+ hail dents at $1500? After sending my insurance company a rebuttal with attached photos they agreed this insurance adjustment is not correct. They are attempting to get me into a shop (Caliber Collision) to do a correct estimate. I have been up front with them per my experience and what I intend to do with the repairs, my only request was to please do a correct estimate of repairs and let me handle it from there. I absolutely know there are some dents that will have to be pushed to paint, no exceptions. As I know this repair would not meet what I think the end result should be, I am thinking of turning the truck over to a shop for insurance PDR work, new windshield, etc. get it back to my shop, pull the the bed, scuff the entire truck with 180g followed by Optex or SS, sand out to 600g and shoot.

I just got an appointment for Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 10:00 AM as a first available date, that's how far behind this hail hail damage claim is.

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Sorry to hear this Ronf, what a horrible experience, I feel for you buddy.
    Keep us posted.
    S-C,

Honestly my friend it is not really that big of deal in the scheme of things. I just wished the insurance company would have made a decent effort at a correct appraisal. I have lined up a company to take care of the windshield which will at least make the truck legally drivable and a late September date for an appraisal.

Default Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    I just got an appointment for Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 10:00 AM as a first available date, that's how far behind this hail hail damage claim is.
    That's totally insane!!! BUT don't be LATE with the payment!

Maybe FEMA should be involved.

Sorry man!

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Style, talk to me some more about ceramic coating ...

I keep getting asked a lot about from my customers
    ..I might as well do it...

Can it be profitable?

How is the learning curve to be good at it?
    It isn't that tough to do. I did my challenger when I first got it and it still looks pretty darn good.
    Thorough cleaning, clay bar and any blending first.
    Then the application of the stuff is really no different than waxing a car. Squirt some on a rag, wipe it evenly on the paint, let it sit as directed, buff it off with microfibre.

Shit's done. It's a physical workout as you are essentially rubbing your car about 4 times.

That's totally insane!!! BUT don't be LATE with the payment!

Maybe FEMA should be involved.

Sorry man!

Henry
    lol, with that late date i think fema must already be in the loop...
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    bmarler, henry, style and Len

First let me say I am not opposed to PDR work as I believe they have their place in this particular environment. However, not every P&B PDR repair tech will be as particular or as knowledgeable as "Style" and that is what scares me. Geez..200+ hail dents at $1500? After sending my insurance company a rebuttal with attached photos they agreed this insurance adjustment is not correct. They are attempting to get me into a shop (Caliber Collision) to do a correct estimate. I have been up front with them per my experience and what I intend to do with the repairs, my only request was to please do a correct estimate of repairs and let me handle it from there. I absolutely know there are some dents that will have to be pushed to paint, no exceptions. As I know this repair would not meet what I think the end result should be, I am thinking of turning the truck over to a shop for insurance PDR work, new windshield, etc. get it back to my shop, pull the the bed, scuff the entire truck with 180g followed by Optex or SS, sand out to 600g and shoot.
    sounds like a solid plan to me. you can evaluate what still needs attention and hopefully most of the damage will be already taken care of. getting a good seal on the glass would probably be my biggest concern, and hopefully you'll be past hailstorm season when you get it in for repair. (or is it always hailstorm season?) i hear there a chance of baseball sized hail in your neck of the woods right now.
    on the plus side, your truck will get the full Ron treatment, better paint than it came with new!
    b marler

on the plus side, your truck will get the full Ron treatment, better paint than it came with new!
    Well said Marler!

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!