TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Molding adhesive

Default Molding adhesive

Whatís a good way to remove molding Adhesive without Scratching the paintFB16DD96-7846-4C12-ABA0-111F498E9379.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jack7787 View Post
    Whatís a good way to remove molding Adhesive without Scratching the paintFB16DD96-7846-4C12-ABA0-111F498E9379.jpg
    Depending on the type of adhesive I would probably heat it with my heat gun then push/scrape it off with a plastic spreader. A hair drier won't get it soft enough.

Default Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Depending on the type of adhesive I would probably heat it with my heat gun then push/scrape it off with a plastic spreader. A hair drier won't get it soft enough.

I never tried but I'll ask. What about those "eraser wheels" and do you sell them, Len? Thanks.

Henry

PS: Have to put this in as an answer: MY THUMB! How come we can use our thumb and get this stuff off yet people can't make something to do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I never tried but I'll ask. What about those "eraser wheels" and do you sell them, Len? Thanks.

Henry

PS: Have to put this in as an answer: MY THUMB! How come we can use our thumb and get this stuff off yet people can't make something to do the same thing?
    The thumb method can work depending on the type and age of the adhesive and the eraser wheel can work but can also damage the paint depending on how it's used and the type of adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post

Henry

The thumb is what elevated man to the top of the food chain. Itís the greatest tool there ever was or will be. If someone could make a tool as good as the thumb they would be rich overnight.
    b marler