TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Best undercoating

Default Best undercoating

I want to clean my rear wheel wells de rust and paint with zero rust.what undercoating is best
    From rock chips and won’t hold moisture in

Quote Originally Posted by jack7787 View Post
    I want to clean my rear wheel wells de rust and paint with zero rust.what undercoating is best
    From rock chips and won’t hold moisture in
    The best that we've used is Fusor spray-on seam sealer. This gets like hard rubber and works well in wheelhouses that can take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The best that we've done is Fusor spray-on seam sealer. This gets like hard rubber and works well in wheelhouses that can take a beating.

Len,

I've always stripped to bare metal. epoxy primer, short stand fiber filler and hit with another coat of epoxy primer. I'm thinking your Fusor may be the way too go as it will flex. Your thoughts of using short strand fiber filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Len,

I've always stripped to bare metal. epoxy primer, short stand fiber filler and hit with another coat of epoxy primer. I'm thinking your Fusor may be the way too go as it will flex. Your thoughts of using short strand fiber filler?
    I use several different types of fiber filler (milled, short and long strand) but never thought of using it for an undercoating. Using the Fusor it bonds real well to any clean surface and remains flexible. Applying a couple coats of Zero Rust prior to the sealer is the way to go.

I use several different types of fiber filler (milled, short and long strand) but never thought of using it for an undercoating. Using the Fusor it bonds real well to any clean surface and remains flexible. Applying a couple coats of Zero Rust prior to the sealer is the way to go.

My bad, I thought he had rock chips to fill before under coating. Absolutely agree with the zero rust, been using it ever since you put me onto it. Really love that product.

i've always used the raptor stuff in the wheel openings if i wanted something besides just zero rust. it's tough as nails. i'm interested in that spray on seam sealer though, i think the sound proofing aspect of it might be worth looking at.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i've always used the raptor stuff in the wheel openings if i wanted something besides just zero rust. it's tough as nails. i'm interested in that spray on seam sealer though, i think the sound proofing aspect of it might be worth looking at.
    I've never used Raptor, does it get hard or stay soft? The Fusor is a moisture cured urethane and gets like hard rubber.

I've never used Raptor, does it get hard or stay soft? The Fusor is a moisture cured urethane and gets like hard rubber.
    The raptor gets pretty hard. It's truck bed liner after all. It's not brittle though, so doesn't have cracking issues. Plus, you can tint it if you want, if you get the clear.
    b marler

Default AND !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    My bad, I thought he had rock chips to fill before under coating. Absolutely agree with the zero rust, been using it ever since you put me onto it. Really love that product.
    Try this one on for size!

ZERORUST is SO good, that many, many states across the US have approved it in rusted BRIDGE REPAIR. Now that's one hell of an endorsement!

Henry