TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: HobbyAir 2

  1. #1

    Default HobbyAir 2

    Hi there,

    I live in the UK and have come across the HobbyAir 2. I paint at home, but don't have the compressor size to run a air fed mask and mini gun. Looking at these they look ideal, although I can't find much info etc on them and why they not available to buy in the UK?

    Can anyone give me some info on them, how much air the produce etc. Also, anyone ship to the UK?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    44,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi there,

    I live in the UK and have come across the HobbyAir 2. I paint at home, but don't have the compressor size to run a air fed mask and mini gun. Looking at these they look ideal, although I can't find much info etc on them and why they not available to buy in the UK?

    Can anyone give me some info on them, how much air the produce etc. Also, anyone ship to the UK?

    Thanks
    We've sold a lot of Hobbyair systems and they have been serving our customers well. The pump comes with a knob that allows you to adjust the air flow so that you can vary it depending on the length of the hose you're using.

    Because of Covid 19 the only mask that is available at this time is the direct feed hood but it just happens that it is the most popular mask. You can purchase the system with a 220 or 110 volt pump.

    In our shop we go through two hoods a year because they get pretty dirty after several jobs and there is a hood "refill" that is available that comes without hardware. Since shipping to the UK would be expensive I'd recommend you think about getting a hood refill sent in addition to the hood that comes with the system as well as a pack of lens protectors.

    If you have any other questions let me know.


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    We've sold a lot of Hobbyair systems and they have been serving our customers well. The pump comes with a knob that allows you to adjust the air flow so that you can vary it depending on the length of the hose you're using.

    Because of Covid 19 the only mask that is available at this time is the direct feed hood but it just happens that it is the most popular mask. You can purchase the system with a 220 or 110 volt pump.

    In our shop we go through two hoods a year because they get pretty dirty after several jobs and there is a hood "refill" that is available that comes without hardware. Since shipping to the UK would be expensive I'd recommend you think about getting a hood refill sent in addition to the hood that comes with the system as well as a pack of lens protectors.

    If you have any other questions let me know.

    Hi Len,

    Sounds ideal for what I need. Interesting that something like this isnít sold in the UK, would solve a lot of issues but Iím guessing the rules may be different over here.

    Does the unit have filters that need changing? How does it clean the air? Also do you sell the units or do I need to look for a supplier?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    44,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi Len,

    Sounds ideal for what I need. Interesting that something like this isnít sold in the UK, would solve a lot of issues but Iím guessing the rules may be different over here.

    Does the unit have filters that need changing? How does it clean the air? Also do you sell the units or do I need to look for a supplier?

    Thanks
    The Hobbyair uses a heppa filter to remove dust from the air but, like certain masks, the virus has consumed all the filters so the one that comes with the system is all you can get right now. Just be sure to put the pump out in clean air while you're using it and the filter will last a long time. Some users never change the filter.

    If you click on the picture that I previously posted it will take you to my store where you can order it. Once I have your order I will contact you when I know the shipping amount. If possible please pay using PayPal.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The Hobbyair uses a heppa filter to remove dust from the air but, like certain masks, the virus has consumed all the filters so the one that comes with the system is all you can get right now. Just be sure to put the pump out in clean air while you're using it and the filter will last a long time. Some users never change the filter.

    If you click on the picture that I previously posted it will take you to my store where you can order it. Once I have your order I will contact you when I know the shipping amount. If possible please pay using PayPal.
    Hi Len,

    In the UK we use 240v, do you do the units in 240? Looking on the a is site that is an option

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    44,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi Len,

    In the UK we use 240v, do you do the units in 240? Looking on the a is site that is an option

    Thanks.
    Ok, I added it to the store.... HERE

    I'll let you know the shipping $ after I have your address and I talk to the warehouse Tuesday.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Ok, I added it to the store.... HERE

    I'll let you know the shipping $ after I have your address and I talk to the warehouse Tuesday.
    Hi Len,

    I tried sending over an email but keeps bouncing back as spam fro some reason.

    Do you want me to place the order first then do the postage?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    44,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi Len,

    I tried sending over an email but keeps bouncing back as spam fro some reason.

    Do you want me to place the order first then do the postage?

    Thanks
    Yes just place the order online and I'll email you after I give your address to the warehouse and they tell me the shipping amount.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Yes just place the order online and I'll email you after I give your address to the warehouse and they tell me the shipping amount.
    Ok, will do just now.

    One last thing. Whats the difference between the Hobbyair and SAS system? What would be the recommendation?

    What size are the pipes on the Hobbyair? I always worn half masks. I know you say the hoods are most popular for painting but do they get caught up etc?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    44,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Ok, will do just now.

    One last thing. Whats the difference between the Hobbyair and SAS system? What would be the recommendation?

    What size are the pipes on the Hobbyair? I always worn half masks. I know you say the hoods are most popular for painting but do they get caught up etc?

    Thanks
    The hose is about 1" in diameter and attaches to the hose from your hood that is attached to the belt. If the hose gets tangled around anything it doesn't pull on the hood it pulls on the belt around your waist.

    The problem I have with the SAS system (other than the price) is that it needs to be lubricated and I've had problems with that type of system in the past but if it's maintained properly it works fine. The SAS system shown below sells for around $1000 USD.




    If you're using the Hobbyair system for spraying paint be sure to order lens protectors.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The hose is about 1" in diameter and attaches to the hose from your hood that is attached to the belt. If the hose gets tangled around anything it doesn't pull on the hood it pulls on the belt around your waist.

    The problem I have with the SAS system (other than the price) is that it needs to be lubricated and I've had problems with that type of system in the past but if it's maintained properly it works fine. The SAS system shown below sells for around $1300 USD.




    If you're using the system for spraying paint be sure to order lens protectors.
    Hi Len,

    Yeah using for painting 2k so this should be ideal. Are your guys using it for painting?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi Len,

    Yeah using for painting 2k so this should be ideal. Are your guys using it for painting?
    Hi Len,

    Order placed.

    Thanks

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    you're in the UK right? the power there is 50hz as opposed to the 60hz we have in the colonies. if the motor is not designed for 50hz input you may experience high motor temperatures. many motors are designed to use both frequencies, but some are not. it would be good to check this out so you know what you're going to need to do to adapt. i had a quick look on the axis website but didn't see any motor specifications listed.
    one more component of the power situation would be the motor controls. here the two legs of 120 volt make the 240 volt total. not sure if you have the same situation there. there are some transformers that provide only 240 volt legs. if the hobby air is dividing up the power and using one leg for a 120 volt control circuit there would be additional concern.
    again, i couldn't find any specs on the website, so be sure to check these things out in the documentation that comes with the unit.
    b marler

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    you're in the UK right? the power there is 50hz as opposed to the 60hz we have in the colonies. if the motor is not designed for 50hz input you may experience high motor temperatures. many motors are designed to use both frequencies, but some are not. it would be good to check this out so you know what you're going to need to do to adapt. i had a quick look on the axis website but didn't see any motor specifications listed.
    one more component of the power situation would be the motor controls. here the two legs of 120 volt make the 240 volt total. not sure if you have the same situation there. there are some transformers that provide only 240 volt legs. if the hobby air is dividing up the power and using one leg for a 120 volt control circuit there would be additional concern.
    again, i couldn't find any specs on the website, so be sure to check these things out in the documentation that comes with the unit.
    Hi,

    I had an email yesterday from Axis saying they ship a lot of the units to the UK. I'm not 100% sure. I know we can run both 220 and 240V so I'm not sure what the best unit is?

    Len, are these OK to use in the UK?

    Thanks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit.Customs View Post
    Hi,

    I had an email yesterday from Axis saying they ship a lot of the units to the UK. I'm not 100% sure. I know we can run both 220 and 240V so I'm not sure what the best unit is?

    Len, are these OK to use in the UK?

    Thanks
    if the manufacturer says they ship there they must be rated for your power.
    b marler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •