TheCoatingStore.com

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Marten's '53 build

Smile

Well super excited and willing to tell anyone that will listen right now. My wife was poking me yesterday so I got the truck out for the first time ever and went for a short drive. Took her with me. That was something new for me, not my wife going with me, driving a hot rod. It starts, stops, turns, goes forward and backwards. Very cool. I have a brake problem to look at as I needed to stand on the brakes to stop it but I did it guys.
    20220409_135545.jpg
    Every spring I have waterfront property. This will dry up in June, very low lying land with rock about a foot below the ground there.
    20220409_141508.jpg
    Wife took this pic. Didn't know how bald I was getting.
    20220409_140442001.jpg
    Building my dream one piece at a time.

good on you for getting it out for a spin. where i'm at it's rarely dry enough in the winter-ish months for me to feel like getting my cars out. (lame i know)
    you truck is looking good, i think i'd spot in a little primer on the doors and then spend the summer driving it. then you can tweak all those little bugs (like the brakes) while you enjoy it in the good weather.
    b marler

Default Fantastic

WOW Marten this is fantastic! Looking really nice. I'm with Brian, prime the doors and drive it for the summer months. Not only you get to have hot rod summer fun but you can work out and tweak the little problems that pop up after a full off build (like your brakes). Looks like you are down to final paint? Great fall/winter final spin on this build. Congratulations on a great build.

i was looking at that picture filling the tank through the bed floor. brought back memories, that's exactly how my '56 f-100 was set up. man i miss that truck...
    b marler

Thanks guys. That is the plan, drive it for the summer. Deal with whatever little thing comes along. Not sure how I am going to paint it. Been thinking about it. Not sure how to paint in the garage in the winter time. The reading I have done says to have it well vented. That means heating the air and dumping it outside. Not sure that is a great idea, seems costly. For sure will cover the small areas of filler with some primer before long. Would be nice to find someone that I could do a trade deal with, labour for labour. Will see who I meet this summer.
    Building my dream one piece at a time.