TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 54 f100 panel truck

Default 54 f100 panel truck

I started my resto mod on my truck after waiting 15 years till i had time and money, it started well but since my good friend Dave got sick with Multiple Myoma form of leukemia . it slowed down and 2 years into it he lost his battle, he was the pait n body master nick name in bussiness Brush so i now need help lots of questions lots of different answers from different people have epoxy primer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ooraider View Post
    I started my resto mod on my truck after waiting 15 years till i had time and money, it started well but since my good friend Dave got sick with Multiple Myoma form of leukemia . it slowed down and 2 years into it he lost his battle, he was the pait n body master nick name in bussiness Brush so i now need help lots of questions lots of different answers from different people have epoxy primer on it.
    Sorry to hear about Dave but we're here to help. If possible post some pictures of your project so we know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Sorry to hear about Dave but we're here to help. If possible post some pictures of your project so we know where to start.
    Thank You and will try to load some pics this weekend . one of the biggest conflicts i keep hearing is the epoxy primer. We had it sprayed back when i had the truck media blasted 3 years ago since we cut and welded patches in and started with the fiber strand filler now from what i read all the old epoxy has to come off , the body from what Dave told me needs a complete thin layer of plastic due to some pitting in the metal from what dave had told me last year. so 2 weeks ago i sanded the old primer down to metal and shot new epoxy over the metal and filler i had done i see i need more body work in a couple of areas, but was reading that the Omni epoxy is chemical bond is only good for 3 days, i did purchase 2k primer can i still do my filler over the new epoxy primer (non Thinned), and then shoot 2k over it and block sand. then repeat as i move from panel to panel. AGAIN I AM a WEEKEND WARRIOR but not afraid of a challenge, this pick its on the Fatman chassis with narrowed 9" rear'
    side shot.jpg.

what a great project. sorry your friend won't be there to see it come along.
    you're fine with the epoxy. don't worry about the recoat window of three days. just do your metal work on the areas you need to, scuff the cured epoxy and shoot another coat of it on the repair area. then while you're in the recoat window shoot your 2k urethane primer. i like to let it sit for a while before i start blocking so everything can tighten up.
    with the epoxy, they say either recoat while in the window or scuff and recoat with more epoxy before primer. (generally speaking) thats the method i use cause it takes me eons to get all the way around the car.
    b marler

Thank you for your help.