TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hell Bent"

Default "Hell Bent"

This guy, Tim Cameron, has been dominating the "Rock Bouncers" for a long time...

He doesn't "always" win, but he's a good driver and he knows how to build a helluva rock bouncer...

He started the season with a bouncer called "Stand Back", but it broke too much... so he got this "Hell Bent" chassis ready to go (with the same engine etc) in a few weeks..

He was way behind in points for a little while, but then he went on to win the championship by just a few points... just slowly chipping away, and it came right down to the end...

This buggy is awesome!

I love the sound of that thing too... It almost sounds like a dirt bike...

Simply just needed to state Now i am happy that i stumbled onto your page.

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by robertcladner60 View Post
    Simply just needed to state Now i am happy that i stumbled onto your page.
    Then we say, WELCOME ABOARD!

What projects are you working on or plan to? Glad you're here!

Henry

Default Hell bent yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    This guy, Tim Cameron, has been dominating the "Rock Bouncers" for a long time...

He doesn't "always" win, but he's a good driver and he knows how to build a helluva rock bouncer...

He started the season with a bouncer called "Stand Back", but it broke too much... so he got this "Hell Bent" chassis ready to go (with the same engine etc) in a few weeks..

He was way behind in points for a little while, but then he went on to win the championship by just a few points... just slowly chipping away, and it came right down to the end...

This buggy is awesome!

Thanks for sharing bro!

Is it me or Tim Cameron looks at least a little bit like Giovanni Ribisi the actor??

dang that's cool!!!!
    thanks for sharing!

Today YouTube algorithm suggested me TC's most recent compilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEN0IhnVsaomaths_help/ love it!!!

This time they included an inside POV camera, you can see it around min 8:00, looks amazing to me, in my opinion they gave it too little video time to this angle, I'd think ppl would like to see more of this.

Last edited by LeonidaM; 04-21-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Ok I have a question... Those vehicles are an amazing piece of engineering but I wonder why they don't put the driver's seat and controls in the center instead of the left side. I would think you would get a better look at your vehicle's relationship to the course and less chance of getting the dirt thrown in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Ok I have a question... Those vehicles are an amazing piece of engineering but I wonder why they don't put the driver's seat and controls in the center instead of the left side. I would think you would get a better look at your vehicle's relationship to the course and less chance of getting the dirt thrown in your face.
    Len, there was a single seater named "Under Rated", built by the same guy (Tim Cameron). It dominated for a little while, even had a hill named after it when it was the only one able to climb it...

I don't know why he moved away from that style but, the guy knows what he's doing and he dominates the races so, who am I to judge?

Here's a compilation for that one...

A couple of other great ones I remember from that series are; "Outlaw" and "Screamin Blue"... Built by other guys...

Tim Cameron seems to come up with a new rock bouncer every year or two, and then he sells the used one for $80K or so, iirc.
    Let's Go Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidaM View Post
    dang that's cool!!!!
    thanks for sharing!
    Right on Leonida, I'm glad you like it!

The two main Youtube channels I know of for those rock bouncers are "Madram11" and "Busted Knuckle".
    Let's Go Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post

Now that is a point I hadn't thought about...... you right! maybe if they put the driver's seat in the center you'd get a better view and improve your reaction time?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidaM View Post
    Now that is a point I hadn't thought about...... you right! maybe if they put the driver's seat in the center you'd get a better view and improve your reaction time?
    Radiator, electronics, etc are mounted over there,

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightOilJK View Post
    Radiator, electronics, etc are mounted over there,
    Ohhhh..... well, it had to have a good reason. I'm assuming that's the best way that's why driver's seat is to the left. Hmm makes sense. Thanks for shedding some light into this

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Right on Leonida, I'm glad you like it!

The two main Youtube channels I know of for those rock bouncers are "Madram11" and "Busted Knuckle".
    Thanks, yeah, I'm hooked now. I'll check them out!

Krawl America
    Crawl 5280
    Revkit

check some of those out, it is jeep based but some awesome crawling and films from my friends