TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloves

Default Gloves

Can anyone make a good recommendation and source for gloves that hold up to spray painting solvents and gun cleaning? I have not found a pair that will last thru a single gun washing without leaving hands exposed.

I am sure Len knows of and sells a good brand.

Quote Originally Posted by tommie.b View Post
    I am sure Len knows of and sells a good brand.
    Yep, here are the best we've found. I use them many times before I need to replace them. My hands are an average size and I buy extra large gloves that fit great.

Thanks Len. When you paint do you also use these? I have been using the skin tight ones but they just are not working out. I like them because they dont give you that "gloved hand" feel when working with tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw56 View Post
    Thanks Len. When you paint do you also use these? I have been using the skin tight ones but they just are not working out. I like them because they dont give you that "gloved hand" feel when working with tools.
    Yes, unlike nitrile gloves these latex gloves protect you from the solvent and they are thick enough that they don't dissolve quickly like thin latex gloves do. The only down-side is that warm weather can make your hands sweat in these (and any) gloves.

Thanks Len, I need more sandpaper too. I will call you when I get a list completed.

I have to tell you, using gloves is not easy to get use to, but a MUST. What a difference it makes, your hands aren't screwed up but all so you do better work because you aren't concerned with your hands getting screwed up!

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Good advise Brian. Im working trying to find something that will stand up to lacquer thinner. I think I need to consider one pair of gloves for pulling the trigger on the paint gun and another pair for cleaning the gun.

Good advise Brian. Im working trying to find something that will stand up to lacquer thinner. I think I need to consider one pair of gloves for pulling the trigger on the paint gun and another pair for cleaning the gun.
    Those blue gloves that I posted will work for everything from filler to trigger to thinner. I can use them for a couple of weeks depending on how much filler or paint that hardens on them.

Thanks Len, I will get with you on an order. I need paper too. Do you by chance have a box of Devilbess 24 oz #601 cups laying around without the caps? I have 32 caps with no cups. Dont ask me how I managed that.

Thanks Len, I will get with you on an order. I need paper too. Do you by chance have a box of Devilbess 24 oz #601 cups laying around without the caps? I have 32 caps with no cups. Dont ask me how I managed that.
    The only way I can get them is with the caps.

ok, ill figure something out.

Ironclad gloves are suitable for many works like yard work or carpenter work. I used this to cut trees and wood. They fit perfectly and comfortably for my hands. Highly recommend!
    Last edited by Stephen111; 07-29-2021 at 08:20 AM.

For general use gloves in my shop I just buy Harbor freight white disposable gloves. (mixing filler, sanding, mechanical work etc). The reason I bring this up is the pre Covid price for a box of 100 white 3 mil goves was around $6. I was at harbor freight a couple days ago and bought the same gloves only now they cost $14.

For use around lacquer thinner and enamel reducer I use gloves from the paint store that are bright orange. Cost around $20 a box. (don't remember how many in a box, 50 or a 100). Hold up really well to thinner and reducer. I will look to see what brand name they are. The local paint store also selsl bright green gloves (haven't tried them yet) that are supposed to hold up well to thinners/reducers.

One thing to keep in mind when purchasing gloves is that Nitrile won't protect you from solvents like lacquer thinner and reducer, you want latex for solvent protection. We use mostly SAS because they fit well and have a longer sleeve.