TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Fresh air and turbine hose questions?

Default Fresh air and turbine hose questions?

I am using a fresh air respirator and a turbine sprayer. The problem I am having is the quick connectors do not turn very easy. My hoses get all wrapped up. That turbine hose is like pushing a 1" cable! I am afraid to lube them for obvious reasons. Is there anything that can be used on these? Thanks, Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I am using a fresh air respirator and a turbine sprayer. The problem I am having is the quick connectors do not turn very easy. My hoses get all wrapped up. That turbine hose is like pushing a 1" cable! I am afraid to lube them for obvious reasons. Is there anything that can be used on these? Thanks, Jake
    I feel your pain! After struggling with hoses for a long time I have surrendered to untangling and laying them out after each coat of paint. Since I'm using a compressor and not a turbine my hoses are a little easier to deal with but the problems are relatively the same. Try putting some spray gun lubricant on the stem, not the coupling, so that it rotates more easily in the coupling, it may help.

Default Len

Thanks Len, I tried it, it helped a little. I did discover something while checking it out. If I loosen the coupler a little they turn free. Enclosed is a pic of the rubber seals. I have put them in both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. I think the stem seals against the rubber. When I tighten the fitting I think it is crushing the rubber making the interference. This is on the Axis i bought from you about 5 years ago. Do you know which way that seal is supposed to go?IMG_0201.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Thanks Len, I tried it, it helped a little. I did discover something while checking it out. If I loosen the coupler a little they turn free. Enclosed is a pic of the rubber seals. I have put them in both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. I think the stem seals against the rubber. When I tighten the fitting I think it is crushing the rubber making the interference. This is on the Axis i bought from you about 5 years ago. Do you know which way that seal is supposed to go?IMG_0201.jpg
    It's been my experience with coupling seals is that the wide, flat edge goes on the hose side of the coupling and the thinner edge faces out and contacts the stem.