TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Fresh air hose?

Default Fresh air hose?

Any one ever cleaned the inside of this stuff? I'm running the Bullard large black hose and with the humid weather we had it built up some water inside now I can smell a mold problem so I stopped using it till I get it straightened around. Wonder if I can run some bleah and water thru it to kill the mold then flush it with water and try and get it good and dry so the problem dosen't come right back.

Quote Originally Posted by paintnbcool View Post
    Any one ever cleaned the inside of this stuff? I'm running the Bullard large black hose and with the humid weather we had it built up some water inside now I can smell a mold problem so I stopped using it till I get it straightened around. Wonder if I can run some bleah and water thru it to kill the mold then flush it with water and try and get it good and dry so the problem dosen't come right back.
    I've never put bleach in the hose and I would think that it could introduce other variables that could be worse than mold. I have the same hose on my Bullard system and I usually let the system run for about ten minutes before I start breathing the air. I would probably do this with any system.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I've never put bleach in the hose and I would think that it could introduce other variables that could be worse than mold. I have the same hose on my Bullard system and I usually let the system run for about ten minutes before I start breathing the air. I would probably do this with any system.
    I added a little Bleach into 3 Gals. of hot water and flushed it thru the hose then put hot water thru to flush that all out then ran alot of air thru the hose to dry it good, no more mold smell or any smell from the bleach so we'll see how it stays. I can tell when it's getting water in the hose so the next time may just unhook the end and drain it that way first to try and keep dry to start with. I've had the hose quite awhile and it's used a few times a week. I've used the Bullard hose for over 30years and only replaced it once so no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by paintnbcool View Post
    I added a little Bleach into 3 Gals. of hot water and flushed it thru the hose then put hot water thru to flush that all out then ran alot of air thru the hose to dry it good, no more mold smell or any smell from the bleach so we'll see how it stays. I can tell when it's getting water in the hose so the next time may just unhook the end and drain it that way first to try and keep dry to start with. I've had the hose quite awhile and it's used a few times a week. I've used the Bullard hose for over 30years and only replaced it once so no complaints.
    If the bleach mix was mostly water you'll probably be ok but bleach tends to cause plastic and rubber to break down. If the hose starts to break down inside it could generate dust that would be pumped to your mask so I'd be careful with the bleach in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    If the bleach mix was mostly water you'll probably be ok but bleach tends to cause plastic and rubber to break down. If the hose starts to break down inside it could generate dust that would be pumped to your mask so I'd be careful with the bleach in that situation.
    Yah it wasn't that strong of a mix you could hardly tell there was Bleach in the water and I'm using the SAS Hood so probably wouldn't have been doing this with the mask style. I didn't leave the Bleach mix in long and ran the hot water thru so hope it will be ok, I'll keep a look out anyway if it acts up I'll get a new one. Expensive hose to buy compaired to the SAS Pvc one. Profit isn't there in this stuff thanks to the lovely ins. so you have to be careful where it's spent for sure.