TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ?s about 2005 Dodge Neon Repair.

Quote Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
    When a bumper has that many rockchips you don't repair it like that. Like I said, cheap crappy work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid killer View Post
    I could pick those paint jobs apart. I can tell by how you prep that your work is so so at best
    Tech you're nobody to criticize someone else's work. This man is making a living working on high-end cars for dealers and they are satisfied and keep bringing him more work. If they are happy then why do YOU think the work is inferior. The red car has a fiberglass bumper that got chipped from driving, the chips were feathered and filled, primed and painted, that's the way I would have done it.

Hybrid, I'll bet I could pick apart every job you do but that doesn't mean that you can't keep your customers happy. I speak with Style now and then and I can tell you that he is a very hard and innovative worker that has the ability to figure out what to do and he does it. He deserves criticism at times but I don't see where you have the experience to call his work inferior. If you think that something was prepped improperly tell us how then tell us how you would do it better.

I in fact am happy for Style for doing el chappo's bullet proof ferrari.
    I think it's cool he gets to sneak a little drive in those awesome cars.

He's just always squawking and inviting response. Can't a man stand up
    for himself?

I don't have a problem with his work, he's the one that speaks on my work, but
    my work is my work. With all those illegals he's got finger sanding who knows
    what Style actually does. Just messing
    Last edited by tech69; 01-07-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Doesn't change the fact your only experience is a short stint in the mobile trade and now you're doing work in your garage. So what qualifies you to question Phil who's been in the trade for over 20 years?

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.
    mobile? what are you talking about? oh forgot you know everything,
    i question phil as i buy and fix cars and resale them for a living and cars 20 years ago and cars today are completley different things...

never did mobile,did own a shop,made more money buying wrecked cars an fixing them then selling them so i closed the shop and now paint here and there at my house and something bigger then a couple panels gets farmed out after they are done then i buff them..

im actually thinking of going mobile just as a hobbie once i get the tips for my turbine i ordered from len that ferrari front clip used only 6oz of basecoat including reducer with a 1.0 tip...

Stop worrying about defending yourself, Style. It's not that serious.

You're a smart business man, congrats! I don't hold grudges. Do you?

I reserve the right to pick on style
    Its all gewd. So he takes short cuts. so what? Hes not high dollar.
    My big pet peave is painting bumper covers on the car and masking shit off that don't take squat to remove. But the rule of thumb for me is, if it was painted seperately at the factory, I paint it seperately.

I believe the same thing, and we are talking EVERY time. I have found it often takes less time to do right. Taking a bumper off a Ferarri, that's a different story.

Let's forget about quality here for a minute. Let's looks a good old business and making money.

Style, I am not directing this at you being I know nothing about how you run your business. I am talking in general.

When you see guy doing work like that it falls into a few very clear patterns.

1. He does it for cheaper with less quality and everyone understands that. Win-Win
    2. He does it cheaper but the customer doesn't understand pays the price with lower quality. Win-Loose
    3. He under sells himself just to get the work and becomes a whore instead of getting what he should and doing it right. Ususally not doing a very good job. Loose-Loose

Brian

brian looking back at that time I swear it was number 3,so blinded by lack of sleep and the next bill due mixed with other people doing it cheaper every single time I couldn't think straight,in the end I was doing bumpers in 1hr for 85bucks and the jack ass down the street started to offer free labor and was charging 50 a bumper keep in mind I was using sickens mostly and he was using Omni I couldn't keep up now im wonderin why I tried that's a no win situation.

Doesn't change the fact your only experience is a short stint in the mobile trade and now you're doing work in your garage. So what qualifies you to question Phil who's been in the trade for over 20 years?

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.
    Question Phil, lol