PDA

View Full Version : Hobbyair location?

TheCoatingStore.com

junk
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
I think I finally came to the conclusion I need to get a Hobby air breathing system. I have an office area in my shop that is sealed off from the rest of the shop by an exterior style door. My thought was to put the hobby air box in my office. Is that a decent place to put it? If I do this I want to make sure I'm doing it right to get the results.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Len
02-18-2013, 11:15 PM
I think I finally came to the conclusion I need to get a Hobby air breathing system. I have an office area in my shop that is sealed off from the rest of the shop by an exterior style door. My thought was to put the hobby air box in my office. Is that a decent place to put it? If I do this I want to make sure I'm doing it right to get the results.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Yes, put the pump anywhere it can draw in clean air. A lot of folks put it outside when painting and run the hose in the door or through the wall but in a separate room would work well as long as the air is breathable.

TR3_Nut
05-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Yes, put the pump anywhere it can draw in clean air. A lot of folks put it outside when painting and run the hose in the door or through the wall but in a separate room would work well as long as the air is breathable.

Hi Len
Can I put a longer hose on my standard Hobbyair? I have the standard hose (40 feet I think). In need another 10 to 20 feet to find a clean air location.

Thanks

pat

junk
02-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Just used my Hobby air last night for the first time. I was amazed at how natural the air fed hood was to wear. Way better than a mask or air supplied mask. I placed the unit outside my shop in -10 degree air and still had nice comfortable breathing air. I just unrolled everything last night and was surprised how much the hoses already unrolled while I was using them. I am hoping they unroll a bit more though.

Definitely glad i bought it!

Thanks
Jeremy

Len
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Just used my Hobby air last night for the first time. I was amazed at how natural the air fed hood was to wear. Way better than a mask or air supplied mask. I placed the unit outside my shop in -10 degree air and still had nice comfortable breathing air. I just unrolled everything last night and was surprised how much the hoses already unrolled while I was using them. I am hoping they unroll a bit more though.

Definitely glad i bought it!

Thanks
Jeremy

The hoses will relax more as you use them but it helps if you can leave them unrolled and stretched out straight for a while before storing them. It also helps if you can stretch them out in a warm environment.

Len
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi Len
Can I put a longer hose on my standard Hobbyair? I have the standard hose (40 feet I think). In need another 10 to 20 feet to find a clean air location.

Thanks

pat

Pat, I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

With a Hobbyair 1, with the standard output pump, it's recommended that the hood only be used with 40 feet of hose but you could probably extend the hose if you use a half mask.

If anyone asks a question and you don't get an answer, please post it again, maybe I'll see it the second time. :?

junk
04-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Used my Hobby air tonight again. I love this thing. Now that the hoses have relaxed and I taped the air hose to the breathing hose it's pretty natural. Only issue I have is occasionally I have to stop and un-twist the hose at the belt connection. It gets caught and twists up choking off the air.

I highly recommend it. I also can't say I notice any issues with the hood and seeing what I'm doing.

junk
07-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Ok, so do any of you guys using the hobby air have issues with it fogging up? I was using it yesterday and it was fogging up. Now i did have it sitting outside drawing fresh air and it was really humid here. The shop hadn't been open for 2 weeks and was not near as humid as the outside.

Just wondering.

Jeremy

Len
07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Ok, so do any of you guys using the hobby air have issues with it fogging up? I was using it yesterday and it was fogging up. Now i did have it sitting outside drawing fresh air and it was really humid here. The shop hadn't been open for 2 weeks and was not near as humid as the outside.

Just wondering.

Jeremy

If it's fogging up something is wrong. There is so much air moving through the mask that it should never fog up. Is the filter clogged?

I have and old Bullard system that only moves a fraction of the air that the Hobbyair moves and I use the same masks and that system never fogs so yours should definitely not fog.

junk
08-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I think I figured this out. First time I had fogging issues I had a kinked hose. Easy enough thought all was good. Not so fast.

Another issue I had was where the black hose attaches to the hood. The black hose had spun and twisted up the white material of the hood closing off part of the hoods air flow. i straightened that out and it appears to be working OK.

surfin
08-27-2016, 10:29 AM
I was thinking Hobby Air as that's a cheaper one that's NIOSH approved. I don't think the Breathecool units are certified. Anyhow, any opinions on full mask, half mask, and hood would be awesome.

I'm thinking for me it comes down to full mask or hood. The hood might seem the most comfortable but I've never used one. I've only used half masks. I also want to get a system where I can replace hose and/or hood/mask if needed. Does Hobby Air offer parts?

Any opinions much appreciated.