PDA

View Full Version : SAS Pure-Air 2000 breathable air filter

TheCoatingStore.com

junk
02-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Has anyone used one of these? It's made by SAS and from what I understand short of a CO2 monitor it should provide Grade D breathable air from an electric compressor. Part number is 2001-01. Len can you get this? What's your cost? I already have a mask.

Bob K
02-13-2013, 10:20 PM
We used a similar product 15 years ago at work (Construction) and quit when we were made aware of the danger. CO is no small concern. I always had a CO monitor but it wasn't hooked to the air supply. It was for sampling in the work space.

Bob K

junk
02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm struggling with the co2 issue. I was doing some reading and from what I could see there are two ways co2 gets into the air stream. 1. from the compressor running in a contaminated area that is full of co2. 2. the air compressor is run hot and starts burning the oil in the pump.

Do those two methods make sense?

junk
02-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok, ordered one of these. Took a look at it. Less than impressed. Basically it was a couple regulators and a carbon filter. I'm going to send it back.

Learning experience at least.

Len
02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Ok, ordered one of these. Took a look at it. Less than impressed. Basically it was a couple regulators and a carbon filter. I'm going to send it back.

Learning experience at least.

I thought I posted on this thread, I would have advised against this purchase. At minimum you need a CO detector which put the cost well above a pump, hose and mask of the Axis or SAS pumps which I would recommend over this product. I had the Pure Air 2000 here and wouldn't use it.