PDA

View Full Version : I found a new way to splatter bondo hardener in your face.

TheCoatingStore.com

drizler
05-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I heard a long time ago that getting polyester body filler harener in your eyes can result in blindness. I think it was Popular Science or Pop Mechanics.. Anyways since then I always either had glasses on or safety glasses when I was mixing and applying wet bondo. Ounce of prevention right? Well the other day I was mixing up some serviceable yet old bondo . Often the oils separate from the hardener when it sits for long periods of time and that the tubes eventually get leaky and cracked or stiff. Well I getting ready to mix some up and decided to work the tube a bit with my fingers to mix it up a bit. Long story short the tube quickly cracked and blew out spraying hardener all over the front of me all the way to my neck. No harm done but a dirty grunge shirt but I thought I would pass on this little whoopsie so it doesn't happen to someone else and perhaps spray in their eyes. Those plastic tubes start to feel stiff when they get old and you can easily feel it. When they get like that handle with care................

12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Even at 42 I find myself doing stupid things. When my sister and I were 8 or 9 our play ball went flat. We used dads compressor to fill it with a needle even though there was no fill hole. Our way to seal it was for me to hold my finger over the hole while my sis squeezed super glue between my finger and the ball. Sounded good at the time, I moved my finger and my sister and I both wound up with super glue in our eyes! Years later, I still get good ideas like that so thanks for taking the time to post this safety issue!

style
02-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info! Even at 42 I find myself doing stupid things. When my sister and I were 8 or 9 our play ball went flat. We used dads compressor to fill it with a needle even though there was no fill hole. Our way to seal it was for me to hold my finger over the hole while my sis squeezed super glue between my finger and the ball. Sounded good at the time, I moved my finger and my sister and I both wound up with super glue in our eyes! Years later, I still get good ideas like that so thanks for taking the time to post this safety issue!

Wth? Ouch.... hmm gives me an idea I got aluminum tape cut that's driving me nuts maybe I should put some super glue on it ,time to go play with the super glue..