PDA

View Full Version : welding respirator - waht is the best choice

TheCoatingStore.com

geeky2
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
hello all,

i recently purchased a hobby air system with the direct feed tyvek hood.

i am going to be doing a significant amount of welding (using products like weld through primer) and would like to know the following:

1) will the hobby air 1/2 mask fit under a welding helmet and if so - is this a good option for welding

2) i noticed on this site - that there is a 3M mask that is also suggested for use with welding - does this offer good protection as well and is this a better or worse option then the 1/2 mask?

thank you for any feedback
mark

Len
03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
hello all,

i recently purchased a hobby air system with the direct feed tyvek hood.

i am going to be doing a significant amount of welding (using products like weld through primer) and would like to know the following:

1) will the hobby air 1/2 mask fit under a welding helmet and if so - is this a good option for welding

2) i noticed on this site - that there is a 3M mask that is also suggested for use with welding - does this offer good protection as well and is this a better or worse option then the 1/2 mask?

thank you for any feedback
mark

Fitting the Hobbyair half-mask under a welding helmet would depend on the size of the welding helmet. A supplied air system like the Hobbyair would be better protection than most negative pressure, filtering type masks, just keep the pump where it picks up clean air.