PDA

View Full Version : Sata air respirator

TheCoatingStore.com

MetRamos
01-29-2012, 01:26 PM
My instructor at school has a SATA half mask air respirator, I like the set up because the main hose hooks up to the filter on the belt and then has a small hose for your gun, instead of having two long hoses to worry about. I was wondering if these available in the states? As I think this will be my next purchase when I get some money.

Wydir
01-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I would go with a full face system like a SATA vision to protect your lil eyeballs from chemicals.

MetRamos
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I would go with a full face system like a SATA vision to protect your lil eyeballs from chemicals.

Haha, I was thinking that too, but I hate the glare in full face mask, and it seems like it woukd be harder to see. But ill look into it to see how much they cost.

Jayson M
01-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Since you are starting out please get the full face version to protect yourself.Leave the complaints about glare to the old dogs like myself :redface: Once you get used to the full face mask it is not so bad :)

MetRamos
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Since you are starting out please get the full face version to protect yourself.Leave the complaints about glare to the old dogs like myself :redface: Once you get used to the full face mask it is not so bad :)

Ok maybe you guys are right, I will check around for prices. O'reilly auto parts(im surprised they sold equipment like this) sells the SATA full face version for $499.99 but ill look around for deals and prices. But it wont be until some time, need some cash first :(

Len
01-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Ok maybe you guys are right, I will check around for prices. O'reilly auto parts(im surprised they sold equipment like this) sells the SATA full face version for $499.99 but ill look around for deals and prices. But it wont be until some time, need some cash first :(

If you're talking about the Sata Vision 2000 (Part #36384) $500 is cheap. We can't sell if for less than $750.
If you're using an oil lubricated compressor to feed you breathable air you want to make sure it has a CO detector which will cost at least $500 plus you will need the proper filters on that line. This is why most DIYers drag around a second hose that brings air from a turbine because it cuts the cost WAY down and most systems are perfectly safe.

Sata doesn't allow me to advertise their products even though we sell them. If you need a Sata product call 1-888-485-5008 for pricing.

Sata Vision 2000

MetRamos
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
If you're talking about the Sata Vision 2000 (Part #36384) $500 is cheap. We can't sell if for less than $750.
If you're using an oil lubricated compressor to feed you breathable air you want to make sure it has a CO detector which will cost at least $500 plus you will need the proper filters on that line. This is why most DIYers drag around a second hose that brings air from a turbine because it cuts the cost WAY down and most systems are perfectly safe.

Sata doesn't allow me to advertise their products even though we sell them. If you need a Sata product call 1-888-485-5008 for pricing.

Sata Vision 2000
O ok, well i think sure that's what it was on there for I'm pretty sure. The sata has the carbon filter on the belt, i would still need a seperate one? And I'm sort of DIY but still in school right now but I'm gonna for sure go into the field, someone i know is getting a shop with a booth in it and has offered me to paint for him, as he does mechanical work. So i want to get the most of the top of the line equipment. Even if its slowly.

bluerooster
08-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Sata Vision 2000

Mine, complete with dessicant tank, oil seperator, water seperator, and CO filter, full face mask, regulator, and fittings, set me back about $1200, back in 1999.

Best money I've ever spent!! :D