PDA

View Full Version : Spray guns and Strippers (Not the ones on the pole)

TheCoatingStore.com

heavydriver
07-14-2011, 07:23 AM
I've read in the manuals that come with all the new spray guns warnings about not spraying paint stripper. That being said, is there something going on chemically with the aluminum parts or plating? :0 I have a Binks pressure pot thats getting a bit crusty with dried paint and was considering stripping the paint off and cleaning it up a bit. NOT intending to spray stripper through it. Just strip and wash. :+confused

Mooch
07-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I see no problem with doing it at all .

Mooch

heavydriver
07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I didn't think it should be an issue. We strip aluminum airplanes with stripper, so why should it make a difference with the spray pot? Could it be that there is some kind of reaction when the stripper is pressurized going through a gun?8o

Bob K
07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I think the stripper may damage some of the seals inside some brands of guns, so it would be wise to not put striper inside any of your guns. As far as the pressure pot goes you should be able to clean it after using the stripper but I wouldn’t want to get stripper into the hoses because there is no way to be sure that you got it all out and you don’t want it mixing into your next paint job.

Bob K