PDA

View Full Version : Accuspray for breathing system??

TheCoatingStore.com

DonovanJM
06-16-2011, 10:07 PM
So I got an Accuspray 2 stage system thinking it would be good enough to spray my car and after thinking some I've decided that I want better then good enough so I'm gonna sell off some stuff to get a good compressor. So my question is can I use my Accuspray for a fresh air breathing system? I've looked at some of the others and it looks like they are just turbines also. From the looks of it the only difference is the amount of CFM's. While the normal systems put out about 7cfm the accuspray is 50cfm. I can't imagine it would be fun to have a hurricane hitting me in the face. Could I put a regulator on there to maintain a better flow? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Donovan

Len
06-16-2011, 10:31 PM
So I got an Accuspray 2 stage system thinking it would be good enough to spray my car and after thinking some I've decided that I want better then good enough so I'm gonna sell off some stuff to get a good compressor. So my question is can I use my Accuspray for a fresh air breathing system? I've looked at some of the others and it looks like they are just turbines also. From the looks of it the only difference is the amount of CFM's. While the normal systems put out about 7cfm the accuspray is 50cfm. I can't imagine it would be fun to have a hurricane hitting me in the face. Could I put a regulator on there to maintain a better flow? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Donovan

There are a couple of differences between spraying pumps and breathing pumps. First the breathing pumps are designed to be used to produce breathing air and you won't get air coming across and through the motor or any wear that results in debris that gets pushed through the hose to your lungs. Secondly the amount of air is much greater with the spraying system and you cannot restrict it without hurting the pump. You can put a Y connector in the hose and vent the excess air but you cannot restrict it. You may be better to sell it on ebay or craig's list and use the money to purchase a dedicated breathing system.

DonovanJM
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
That's kind of what I thought and was worried about.
Thanks for the quick response.

Mooch
06-17-2011, 12:09 AM
accuspray is 50cfm.

The accuspray puts out 50 cfms of air ?

Mooch

DonovanJM
06-17-2011, 07:02 AM
The accuspray puts out 50 cfms of air ?

Mooch

That's what the manual I found online say's. 50 cfm at 3#. I'll have to double check to make sure that it's the right model number.

http://www.finishingequipmentandsupplies.com/manuals/22sp2004.pdf