PDA

View Full Version : best breathing system for mobile repair trailer

TheCoatingStore.com

wyzat520
08-15-2010, 11:07 AM
...Ive been doing mobile wheel repair also some small parts and the occasional bumper. i work out of a large trailer that doesnt actually get trailered anywhere it just sits at the auction for sublet work. Ive been using 3m half masks but i dont want to continue using them in a semi permanent job setting.... there simply isnt enough ventilation especially when painting 4 wheels or a bumper. Theres two fans set up to exhaust the paint fumes but even then its not that great. Id really like a breathing system even if I have to pay for it out of pocket... I looked over the different system in the store but ive never used a system like these...any recommendations? Do I have to have the unit outside? Is it bulky? I dont have that much room, and really dislike getting tangled up in hoses...I was thinking i could hang the hoses from the ceiling to have one less thing to trip over... any other ideas or suggestions?

LS6
08-19-2010, 10:09 PM
...Ive been doing mobile wheel repair also some small parts and the occasional bumper. i work out of a large trailer that doesnt actually get trailered anywhere it just sits at the auction for sublet work. Ive been using 3m half masks but i dont want to continue using them in a semi permanent job setting.... there simply isnt enough ventilation especially when painting 4 wheels or a bumper. Theres two fans set up to exhaust the paint fumes but even then its not that great. Id really like a breathing system even if I have to pay for it out of pocket... I looked over the different system in the store but ive never used a system like these...any recommendations? Do I have to have the unit outside? Is it bulky? I dont have that much room, and really dislike getting tangled up in hoses...I was thinking i could hang the hoses from the ceiling to have one less thing to trip over... any other ideas or suggestions?

Wyzat,
The 3/4 HP SAS unit is excellent. However, the motor is very heavy. This model is pricey, but is a quality unit and the hose is very light, unlike the larger Hobbyair hoses.
In addition, this company has recently come out with a flip-vue hood similar to the Devilvbiss hood. Be aware that flip-vue hood only works with the 3/4 HP motor. You can order the flip-vue hood separately or with the 3/4 Hp motor as a single unit. Ask Len about this model, as he doesn't have it listed in his store.
http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SAS9800-18&Category_Code=SE
LS6

LS6
08-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Wyzat,
The 3/4 HP SAS unit is excellent. However, the motor is very heavy. This model is pricey, but is a quality unit and the hose is very light, unlike the larger Hobbyair hoses.
In addition, this company has recently come out with a flip-vue hood similar to the Devilvbiss hood. Be aware that flip-vue hood only works with the 3/4 HP motor. You can order the flip-vue hood separately or with the 3/4 Hp motor as a single unit. Ask Len about this model, as he doesn't have it listed in his store.
http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SAS9800-18&Category_Code=SE
LS6

Here is info on the flip-vue hood...................
http://www.sassafety.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=562
This hood can be had in place of the soft hood. I believe the part number is SAS- 9800-19. That's the number for the same 3/4 HP motor WITH the flip-vue hood.
LS6