TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Air Dryer Sale Harbor Freight

Default Air Dryer Sale Harbor Freight

ttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40211

Yea I know it probably speaks Chinese but it might be of interest to someone.

Chinese sshhimiense, long as it works as advertised and is being sold at a good price.

Nice catch, every little bit helps when trying to keep water out of the lines. Season is getting ready to open up and there will be the dreaded humidity to contend with.

I got a dumb question - If that air drier lowers the temperature of the air to 36 deg. f. then wouldn't the air tools be so cold that you'd have to wear gloves ? I know once in a while in the winter time my metal air tools get so cold from the air running through them that they actually cause pain from being so cold.

One other point is that the HF air drier is rated at 21.5 cfm @ 100 psi max.

most compressors run in the 125 to 175 psi range so guess all you have to do run a regulator between the compressor outlet and the dried inlet.

If you buy stuff from your local Harbor Freight store, I recommend signing up for their email specials. At least once a week I get some sort of coupon from them. The last one was 20% off a single item.

Default Whoa! That's cheep...

Man I paid $1000 for mine...mind you mine has a coleman compressor in it (Hankison) but at that price, if it works it's the best deal on the planet...

The catch might be the inlet temperature which seems a bit low. It looks like a unit that requires an aftercooler on the compressor.

[QUOTE=Phil V]I got a dumb question - If that air drier lowers the temperature of the air to 36 deg. f. then wouldn't the air tools be so cold that you'd have to wear gloves ? I know once in a while in the winter time my metal air tools get so cold from the air running through them that they actually cause pain from being so cold.

One other point is that the HF air drier is rated at 21.5 cfm @ 100 psi max.

most compressors run in the 125 to 175 psi range so guess all you have to do run a regulator between the compressor outlet and the dried inlet.
    Phil V, the dew point is the temperature at which the air is at 100 percent humidity. The 21.5 cfm @ 100psi is just refering to the amount of air the cooler can handle.

I know once in a while in the winter time my metal air tools get so cold from the air running through them that they actually cause pain from being so cold.
    I hear ya' there man! Freezing cold air tools are the worst! You can hardly hold on to them long enough to get the job done.