TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Help with DeVilbiss GFHV-501

Default Help with DeVilbiss GFHV-501

I've been away from spraying for a while. I know the newer technology has better material transfer than the older stuff, but wonder if there is anything I can do to my GFHV-501 to bring it close to today's standards - It is a lovely piece of equipment.

It has a 57 aircap and (I think) a 1.6 fluid needle. On the web there is limited information about a KK-5025 Repair Kit in a DeVilbiss Service Bulletin, but I was unable to figure out it's purpose.

This apprears to be a great forum, thanks in advance for your advice/opinions.

dave_demented Guest

a repair kit consists of all the bushings, spacers, etc tht your gun has. these are good to have incase you develop an air leak of some sort. if you could get yourself a 1.4 needle for it, it will atomize the paint a lot better. other than that im not sure

Thanks Dave. When I read the service bulletin associated with the repair kit, it sounded like the kit was to bring the gun into compliance with various air quality regulations.

My hope was/is that the net effect of installing it was a reduction in the amount of airbourne material. I would also be interested in any modifications I can make to the gun to reduce what goes airbourne.

They are good guns..........I have 2 and still use them.Did change mine to 1.4.
    Ask your jobber or maybe Len can help you.
    tommie b