TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Flattening agent

Default Flattening agent

I need to make some Nason (dupont) ful-thane arcylic urethane into semi-gloss. The p-sheet does not mention adding a flattening agent and there is not a flattening agent available in the Nason paint line. Dupont makes a flattening agent #4531s for imron and chroma 1. Will this work or am I just asking for trouble if I try it? The guy at the dupont distributor did not know. Has anybody ever had any trouble with flattening agents?

Ask your supplier to call the DuPont tech line for answers or to give you the number of the local DuPont rep. If you look on the DuPont web site you may be able to get some answers or maybe a phone number to call.
    Last edited by Len; 12-11-2006 at 11:18 PM.

dave_demented Guest

i know the dupont flattener will work in jsut about ANY of duponts products, ive used it in the centari. All flatener is is just some form of either talc or silica. you can actually add talc to your paint to flatten it, although unless you know how much is the right amount i wont reccomend it. the dupont flttener should work just fine for nason in my opininon

.............or you could use PPG's 2060 flat clear as a top coat.
    www.SPEEDZONEPAINT.com

88GT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I need to make some Nason (dupont) ful-thane arcylic urethane into semi-gloss. The p-sheet does not mention adding a flattening agent and there is not a flattening agent available in the Nason paint line. Dupont makes a flattening agent #4531s for imron and chroma 1. Will this work or am I just asking for trouble if I try it? The guy at the dupont distributor did not know. Has anybody ever had any trouble with flattening agents?
    Nason IS Dupont more or less...Not the good stuff, but Dupont none the less. Should work with any Nason equivelent to Dupont. Id feel comfortable using it

Default thanks

Thanks for the advice. I sprayed some test patches today with different amounts of flattener. All looked ok -- I don't expect any problems

Andy