TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Heat Lamps

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,326

    Default Heat Lamps

    We now have a complete line of Infratech heat lamps for sale. These lamps start at $159.95 for the popular 14-1000 lamp which is great for working or painting on one or two panels at a time. You can have a cold shop and still keep the work moving along at a good pace. If you're interested in the 14-1000 model it's in the store but for other models you'll need to give us a call at 1-888-485-5008.

    Last edited by Len; 12-04-2005 at 12:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH JUAREZ
    Posts
    3,336

    Default

    Which one is the $159 one I dont see it in your link.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    Which one is the $159 one I dont see it in your link.
    That was 15 years ago, now that same lamp has increased in price. Our shop couldn't operate without it. Be sure to lower the lamp when not in use because leaving it up high makes it easy to tip over and break the bulb when it hits the floor. Don't ask me how I know.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    I take mine off the stand and keep it in a lateral file cabinet. I take the vertical rod off the roller base of the stand too so it doesn’t take up much space. It was 98 degrees here last week. I sure wasn’t calling for heat.

    Bob K

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    That was 15 years ago, now that same lamp has increased in price. Our shop couldn't operate without it. Be sure to lower the lamp when not in use because leaving it up high makes it easy to tip over and break the bulb when it hits the floor. Don't ask me how I know.

    when i read your post i kind of quickly scanned over the text. it gave me the impression that the reason your shop couldn't operate without the lamp is because of the price increase...had to chuckle
    i get a lot of use from that one i bought from you. not for automotive work, it heats the backside of an adhesive applicator i built.
    b marler

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    when i read your post i kind of quickly scanned over the text. it gave me the impression that the reason your shop couldn't operate without the lamp is because of the price increase...had to chuckle
    i get a lot of use from that one i bought from you. not for automotive work, it heats the backside of an adhesive applicator i built.
    We have several different uses for our lamp including decal removing, paint drying and cold employees.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    30,621

    Default

    My honest long term experience with the tube type infrared heaters is a screwed up as many jobs with the heat lamp as it helped. Those heat lamps have two settings -- too hot and too cold. I blistered paint several times from getting the lamp too close. That sounds like a no brainer, just don't get the lamp so close. But when I first start out I put my hand on the surface to be heated and gauge how much heat the lamp is putting out. NOT a good way of measure how warm the panel will get. I haven't used my heat lamp in years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •