TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Paint chip repair

Default Paint chip repair

Iím looking for expert paint chip repair for my 08 Viper. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Philly area? I just bought the car and would like to address a door chip near the mirror and a poorly done chip correction on the fender. Thx in advance! Tom68777FF2-EC95-4048-8B67-10D1345496D0.jpg7B564B96-8C24-43CF-BB28-6440BFC1C44B.jpg2BD405F1-1487-4633-9678-7EB6C62259BB.jpg

Talk to car lots and dealerships in your area,
    most have someone that comes around and touches up
    the small chips for them without spraying.
    I've seen some do a remarkable job.

JC and Len gave you great advice. Just to throw in my 2 pennies, from what I see you don't have a hard chip to fix if your willing to fix it yourself. As long as the chips can be filled with the proper touch up paint above the body surface and sanded out with 2000g wet and finished with 3000g wet and buffed out you are good to go. This isn't a hard procedure to follow or perform, and you would get to learn a skill for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    JC and Len gave you great advice. Just to throw in my 2 pennies, from what I see you don't have a hard chip to fix if your willing to fix it yourself. As long as the chips can be filled with the proper touch up paint above the body surface and sanded out with 2000g wet and finished with 3000g wet and buffed out you are good to go. This isn't a hard procedure to follow or perform, and you would get to learn a skill for the future
    Especially when the paint is a solid (non-metallic) color you can make the chip disappear.

Thx for all replies and the link to the repair method. Iíve actually done a couple chip repairs in the past but Iím scared on this car. Probably because itís my first really nice car. Also to note itís metallic.

I like the advice of seeing who the dealers use. That makes a lot of sense too. I will need to think on how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by finoke View Post
    Thx for all replies and the link to the repair method. Iíve actually done a couple chip repairs in the past but Iím scared on this car. Probably because itís my first really nice car. Also to note itís metallic.

I like the advice of seeing who the dealers use. That makes a lot of sense too. I will need to think on how to proceed.
    Good Luck, let us know the direction you take and the outcome.