TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 1940s gas pump

Default 1940s gas pump

After almost 10 years I finally found the last part I needed for my 1941 Bowser 575 gas pump restore. Going to slip this project in amongst what I have going on now. I am thinking a "Gulf or Shell" theme as depicted in last pics or maybe a Route 66 theme
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (100.5 KB, 33 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (101.6 KB, 34 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (99.9 KB, 35 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (60.1 KB, 35 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (108.8 KB, 36 views)

Default YOU AGAIN !

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    After almost 10 years I finally found the last part I needed for my 1941 Bowser 575 gas pump restore. Going to slip this project in amongst what I have going on now. I am thinking a "Gulf or Shell" theme as depicted in last pics or maybe a Route 66 theme
    Your talent NEVER ceases to amaze! PUMP(S) will come out great and always in demand!

What was the name of that program with the guy (and crew) with a scrap yard of different stuff who restored to ABSOLUTE detail all the parts for clients or on speck? They fabricated parts they could not find.

That show was like YOU!

Henry

sweet! another good thread to follow. there's a guy out here that put a little replica station together and put in a soda fountain/ ice cream shop inside. he did a shell theme and his pumps are exactly like the one you pictured. in the summer he'll park all kinds of vintage steel out front. so cool. whatever way you go on it i'm sure it's going to be awesome. i wish i had the room for something like that.
    b marler

Default Thank you henry and Brian

Brian, I agree should be a fun project and I was already leaning towards the Shell design. My daughter bought this for me many years ago at Pate Swap Meet. We both look forward to and attend most of these events together and have a great time. Just another reason to remember our girls are just as apt to be enthusiast in classic cars.

henry, maybe "Junkyard Empire" Not sure? For years I searched for the Veeder-Root computer (they actually called it a computer back in 1941) and 1 ad glass window trim out. Should be a fun project.

Default Ronf - I found him!

Brian, I agree should be a fun project and I was already leaning towards the Shell design. My daughter bought this for me many years ago at Pate Swap Meet. We both look forward to and attend most of these events together and have a great time. Just another reason to remember our girls are just as apt to be enthusiast in classic cars.

henry, maybe "Junkyard Empire" Not sure? For years I searched for the Veeder-Root computer (they actually called it a computer back in 1941) and 1 ad glass window trim out. Should be a fun project.
    The series I spoke of was "RICK'S RESTORATION" or "AMERICAN RESTORATION".

They did all sorts of things to perfection (like you) and I dropped a LINK below and one YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/c/RickDaleRi...tions/featured
    (CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK SECTION)

Lots of talented people in the world and nice, we have several on this site (THANKS LEN!)

Henry

i stopped on my way to the coast to catch a picture of that retro shell station i mentioned. unfortunately, it looks like he's shut down the ice cream shop. no mention if it's going to reopen. the globes have been removed from the pumps presumably for safe keeping. these are a little different than your pump, the tell tales are different and the trim pieces too. pretty close though. just thought you might enjoy seeing it.
    for the last two years when i'd drive by in the summer there'd be some really cool vintage cars on the lifts inside and parked out front. i hope he's not shutting down permanently.
    shell station.jpg
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i stopped on my way to the coast to catch a picture of that retro shell station i mentioned. unfortunately, it looks like he's shut down the ice cream shop. no mention if it's going to reopen. the globes have been removed from the pumps presumably for safe keeping. these are a little different than your pump, the tell tales are different and the trim pieces too. pretty close though. just thought you might enjoy seeing it.
    for the last two years when i'd drive by in the summer there'd be some really cool vintage cars on the lifts inside and parked out front. i hope he's not shutting down permanently.
    shell station.jpg
    Brian,

I love this! It is one of the reasons I am going to do a Route 66 tour next fall. Really looking forward to that drive. Any members not to far off the beaten path from Rt. 66 I'll try and swing by for a visit. Thanks for posting, I hope they reopen in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    The series I spoke of was "RICK'S RESTORATION" or "AMERICAN RESTORATION".

They did all sorts of things to perfection (like you) and I dropped a LINK below and one YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/c/RickDaleRi...tions/featured
    (CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK SECTION)

Lots of talented people in the world and nice, we have several on this site (THANKS LEN!)

Henry
    Oh heck yes! I forgot all about that series. Is it still televised, haven't seen it in several years?

Default All gone!

Oh heck yes! I forgot all about that series. Is it still televised, haven't seen it in several years?
    Sorry but from what I found it's gone.

That guy and his crew did have a lot of talent and turned out some amazing projects.

(Like 'several' of YOU on the forum now!)

Henry