TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Hardener in Base Coat

Default Hardener in Base Coat

I'm new to spraying automotive paints and need to paint the some new door handles on our minivan. I bought the paint in the Limco Supreme Plus line and it is mixed 3:1 (base:reducer). The tech sheet also wants 3% hardener added and I didn't buy it when getting the paint. I'm wondering what the hardener is for: is it simply for productivity in shops (less drying time)? And can I get away with not using it for a small repair like mine? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanine View Post
    I'm new to spraying automotive paints and need to paint the some new door handles on our minivan. I bought the paint in the Limco Supreme Plus line and it is mixed 3:1 (base:reducer). The tech sheet also wants 3% hardener added and I didn't buy it when getting the paint. I'm wondering what the hardener is for: is it simply for productivity in shops (less drying time)? And can I get away with not using it for a small repair like mine? Thank you!
    I can't help on this one. I have no experience with Limco paint products. I'm sure other guys here can assist you.
    LS says "Lets Go Brandon". He's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanine View Post
    If the tech sheet says it's an "option" then it's probably not needed but if it says it's necessary then you'll probably have to invest in some hardener.