TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Spray adhesive?

Default Spray adhesive?

In a shock to my own system, it appears I am attempting to re-assemble my project car.

I am about to install the heater box and I have an insulation pad that goes on the inside of the car. It has a wool like felt on the bottom and a rubber top.
    The felt should be spray adhered to the floor to prevent mis-alignment during assy.

Is there a particular type adhesive I should use, or just something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-General-Pu.../dp/B000PCWRMC
    or maybe this one.
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40071862/

Let me know
    Jon

HD,

Are you talking about the jute that comes up to and beyond the toe board around the blower/heater box? If so either of your products will work

IN6420Z_21560284134.jpg

_444_IN6420Z.jpg

Yeah, up where your toes are. The pad has a bunch of rubber plugs that roughly fasten it to the inside firewall. I'm just certain that getting the heater box up there without it being glued in place would be a nightmare.
    Also the fuse block and steering wheel technically go thru windows of that rubber pad deal.

Yep, your spray will work. I really like the "77" product. Spray both parts, let it flash for a few minutes and stick. Your right, getting it to stay in place without help would be tough

another vote for the 77. i used that stuff to glue a plastic enclosure together last year and it held up through the entire winter storm season. it's my go-to adhesive if i'm not loading up the spray gun.
    b marler