TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Army Truck

Default Army Truck

Our latest project is this Kaiser Jeep which is a Vietnam war veteran. This is probably the most complicated paint job we've ever done.

complicated, i don't think that's what the army had in mind when painting their rigs.
    when you're doing a sympathetic restoration on something like that the end product is way nicer than what it looked like to begin with. is there a lot of gear to paint too? lots of those army trucks had jerry cans, shovels, axes, all kinds of things mounted all over it. doing all the small stuff can take forever.
    post the progress len, it'll be cool to see it progress.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    complicated, i don't think that's what the army had in mind when painting their rigs.
    when you're doing a sympathetic restoration on something like that the end product is way nicer than what it looked like to begin with. is there a lot of gear to paint too? lots of those army trucks had jerry cans, shovels, axes, all kinds of things mounted all over it. doing all the small stuff can take forever.
    post the progress len, it'll be cool to see it progress.
    oops, just looked at the picture again, there is a lot of extra gear to paint. can't wait to see the end product.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    oops, just looked at the picture again, there is a lot of extra gear to paint. can't wait to see the end product.
    Yep, we're painting everything including shovels, axes, engine roof racks, floors even the dash. This vehicle will probably be here all Winter. We promised the owner we would take a lot of pictures so I'll be posting them here as well as putting them on a DVD for him.

Wow Len, that brings back memories. When I got over there my unit had four gun jeeps and a 3/4 ton pick up that looked just like that. You wouldn't have to worry about the extras on the one we had. Our extras were a M50 machine gun, 90 mm recoiless and a small mortar tube. Thanks for the memories. I'll be watching this one.

Len,

Nice project! Looking forward to pics of restore. Is this a frame off? You are going to be painting small parts forever, I feel your pain my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Len,

Nice project! Looking forward to pics of restore. Is this a frame off? You are going to be painting small parts forever, I feel your pain my friend.
    NO, not a frame off but it's one that's done in sections of course. We will be shooting the frame first then all the parts including the engine etc. It will be a good Winter project.