TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Filler on wood

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default Filler on wood

    I want to finish the edge of 3/4 inch plywood after it is cut. Is there a filler that will work on wood and stay bonded.

    Thanks, Rick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flathead48 View Post
    I want to finish the edge of 3/4 inch plywood after it is cut. Is there a filler that will work on wood and stay bonded.

    Thanks, Rick
    It depends on what you'll be using the wood for. I do quite a bit of wood working and I normally use short strand fiberglass filler that I make a little more liquid by adding fiberglass resin to it then pressing it into the sanded wood scratches.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default Filler on wood

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    It depends on what you'll be using the wood for. I do quite a bit of wood working and I normally use short strand fiberglass filler that I make a little more liquid by adding fiberglass resin to it then pressing it into the sanded wood scratches.

    Len, using it for coffee table so need edges to be smooth, thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flathead48 View Post
    Len, using it for coffee table so need edges to be smooth, thanks
    Yes, what I mentioned will work, just sand it to the shape you want then prime, sand and paint.

  5. #5

    Default

    I would use a spot putty if all you're filling is saw marks or chipping on the ends.
    But regular wood filler is what most use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •