TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solvent pop

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    len has a point about the orange peel. i was assuming you didn't think it looked like this when it was received from the shop. if it did indeed have the orange peel as delivered then sanding and polishing is the corrective action and should have been done before delivery.
    can you shed some light on this?
    When the car was delivered according to my friend the car looked beautiful, no orange peel. In a lot areas that donít show well in pictures the paint looks like it was heated from behind, bubbles and blisters, something is lifting this paint , I doubt he will ever really know the real cause, pictures are deceiving, if you ever looked at cars on eBay you know what I mean. Thanks again to all who tried to help but I still think going back to bare metal and starting over again is what has to be done.

Default Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by flathead48 View Post
    When the car was delivered according to my friend the car looked beautiful, no orange peel. In a lot areas that donít show well in pictures the paint looks like it was heated from behind, bubbles and blisters, something is lifting this paint , I doubt he will ever really know the real cause, pictures are deceiving, if you ever looked at cars on eBay you know what I mean. Thanks again to all who tried to help but I still think going back to bare metal and starting over again is what has to be done.
    Just a quick question to ask, was this car cover, say with a plastic tarp or other plastic for any length of time? May just be a moot point, but?

Good luck on your resto and never give up!

Henry

PS: I forgot. Be prepared to coat the bare metal you create as you go. It's not advisable to strip the entire car down to bare and let the majority 'sit' till you get to that part. Dampness & condensation in the air will begin to set up shop for more rust to be born.

Default Solvent pop

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    len has a point about the orange peel. i was assuming you didn't think it looked like this when it was received from the shop. if it did indeed have the orange peel as delivered then sanding and polishing is the corrective action and should have been done before delivery.
    can you shed some light on this?
    When the car was delivered back to owner it looked like a piece of class, the paint starting lifting , little bubbles and small cracks, pictures donít show it all I think because of the reflection. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flathead48 View Post
    Sounding more and more like unmitigated rust spots. If not properly address it will always come back to haunt you.