TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Fusor 804HD

Default Fusor 804HD

I have a tube of fusor 804HD, never been opened or used, date of manf is 20, August 2018.

I have some previously welded in patches on the floor and I want to seal over the underside for those areas.
    I intend to clean and sand as much as possible, smooth things out and make sure any overlaps are hammered tight.
    Then I want to fill every crack, weld bubble etc and smooth over the whole shebang to keep it dry.

After that seals up, I will zero rust the bottom and spray with undercoating.

So two questions.
    1) Is this fusor too old now? It says 15 months from DOM.
    2) Is this the right fusor to use? The area I am working on is under the front seat footwell. Where the floor goes from horizontal to about a 45 degree incline and then up to the fire wall. None of this will be seen once the engine and trans are in place. I assume I want something flexible, not hard since it will have feet and things banging around on top of it.

Or should I opt to use 3M two part sealers rather than the fusor?

Thanks guys.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    I have a tube of fusor 804HD, never been opened or used, date of manf is 20, August 2018.

I have some previously welded in patches on the floor and I want to seal over the underside for those areas.
    I intend to clean and sand as much as possible, smooth things out and make sure any overlaps are hammered tight.
    Then I want to fill every crack, weld bubble etc and smooth over the whole shebang to keep it dry.

After that seals up, I will zero rust the bottom and spray with undercoating.

So two questions.
    1) Is this fusor too old now? It says 15 months from DOM.
    2) Is this the right fusor to use? The area I am working on is under the front seat footwell. Where the floor goes from horizontal to about a 45 degree incline and then up to the fire wall. None of this will be seen once the engine and trans are in place. I assume I want something flexible, not hard since it will have feet and things banging around on top of it.

Or should I opt to use 3M two part sealers rather than the fusor?

Thanks guys.
    Jon
    We use a lot of the Fusor 800 series sealers and find that they work well even expired as long as they remain pliable. Once they get hard it's time to use a new tube. Sometimes the sealer will harden in the tube so we will cut open the tube and use a brush or putty knife to apply it and it still works great but if the entire tube is hard then get another one.

Thanks. I ordered 2 more in case this one doesn't spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    Thanks. I ordered 2 more in case this one doesn't spread.
    I sent the order to the warehouse at 3:30ET so if they get it out today you should have it Monday or Tuesday.