TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How would you fix this?

  1. #1

    Default How would you fix this?

    Hello, I just came out to my Mazda Cx3 and appears someone has run into it. The front black bumper/trim is all scraped up and has a small hole. I obviously donít want to file a claim to fix some scratches, but they are pretty noticeable. Any good products out there that will allow me to fill these scratches? Also would need to know what kind of paint to use to match bumper.

  2. #2

    Default

    You can see the black bumper/trim on the front bumper. Thatís what is scratched pretty deeply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazdagirl21 View Post
    Hello, I just came out to my Mazda Cx3 and appears someone has run into it. The front black bumper/trim is all scraped up and has a small hole. I obviously don’t want to file a claim to fix some scratches, but they are pretty noticeable. Any good products out there that will allow me to fill these scratches? Also would need to know what kind of paint to use to match bumper.
    We would normally block sand the surface to remove any high spots then fill the holes and scratches using bumper repair adhesive spread on with a spreader then block sanded to level the surface then primed, sanded again and painted.


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    We would normally block sand the surface to remove any high spots then fill the holes and scratches using bumper repair adhesive spread on with a spreader then block sanded to level the surface then primed, sanded again and painted.

    Thanks Len! What kind of primer and paint would be best for this?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazdagirl21 View Post
    Thanks Len! What kind of primer and paint would be best for this?
    I would paint the entire black area using a brand name black paint like PPG, BASF, Sikens, etc. and a standard two part filler primer with a flex additive. We would also use an adhesion promoter prior to priming and painting. You may also want to use a flat or semi-gloss black. Check out "body shop suppliers" in your yellow pages for paint supplies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •