TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: online paint

Default online paint

Hello. I guess I just pop back to this forum every couple years when I do a project. So happy Len and his forum is still here! Is there a good place to get some base coat online. My local place is fine but last year they started getting harder to deal with, way more expensive (which is understandable). Virus related probably. Couldn't even go in the store. I looked at thecoatingstore and they seem good. Not sure if they will just sell me the base without clear though. I need a factory color. I don't think it matters for this post but it's Tank PGK (jeep/chry color)

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Hello. I guess I just pop back to this forum every couple years when I do a project. So happy Len and his forum is still here! Is there a good place to get some base coat online. My local place is fine but last year they started getting harder to deal with, way more expensive (which is understandable). Virus related probably. Couldn't even go in the store. I looked at thecoatingstore and they seem good. Not sure if they will just sell me the base without clear though. I need a factory color. I don't think it matters for this post but it's Tank PGK (jeep/chry color)
    Are you doing a small repair or painting an entire vehicle? If you're painting the entire vehicle the coating store is a good choice but for doing a repair I'd recommend going with a brand name like Diamont, PPG, Glasurit, Axalta etc. The brand names will probably give you a better match for a repair.

yes, it's an all over, jams and all. gallon. I'll see if they will just sell me the base w/o whole kit. thanks