TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Needing upholstery material

Default Needing upholstery material

I'm looking for an outlet that sells Italian leather for my interior project. I already know this is going to cost, I just want a good reliable source or maybe a contact name and number I can get in touch with. I know this is a P&B site but as many of you have restored classics I'm hoping somebody has a source for me.

This may not help but several years ago I searched on Amazon for leather and found quite a few to choose from. I ordered one skin to cover a dining room chair. Iíve still got it in raw form since I never got around to putting it on the chair. My wife wanted new chairs so that ended the experiment before it got finished.

Bob K

Bob K

I never thought to look on Amazon but your right! I'm looking at several hides on their site, thanks for the heads up

i can check with my forum buddies on that. it makes a difference what make of car you're looking to replicate though. i have italian cars and these guys sometimes get a bit anal about originality. what are you working on?
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i can check with my forum buddies on that. it makes a difference what make of car you're looking to replicate though. i have italian cars and these guys sometimes get a bit anal about originality. what are you working on?
    bmarler,

Yes, can you check with your buddies? I need 18 yards that closely matches "Mocha" which if I'm correct is a common name in the upholstery industry. It is for my 36' project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    bmarler,

Yes, can you check with your buddies? I need 18 yards that closely matches "Mocha" which if I'm correct is a common name in the upholstery industry. It is for my 36' project.
    bmarler,

Sent you a msg

ron,
    tried to reply to your last message but your mailbox is full.
    b marler

ron,
    tried to reply to your last message but your mailbox is full.
    Sorry Brian,

Cleared up some space. Didn't realize it was getting full. Any chance you can try again?

Default Yes sir...

I'm looking for an outlet that sells Italian leather for my interior project. I already know this is going to cost, I just want a good reliable source or maybe a contact name and number I can get in touch with. I know this is a P&B site but as many of you have restored classics I'm hoping somebody has a source for me.
    Ron, in your search, include anyone you can think of or ask someone who may know of an upholsterer (dying trade & talent, I know) but you may unfold an area not thought to look.

My uncle was one and in the 70s my (autobody) mentor got a job to totally restore a 60 MORGAN.

My uncle did the interior in WHITE Leather from ITALY with deep green welt.

Anyways, we have MAYBE 2 places left in town but it's worth a look see and ask around! Good luck!

Henry

PS: There is also the GRAIN which you may be concerned with (or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Ron, in your search, include anyone you can think of or ask someone who may know of an upholsterer (dying trade & talent, I know) but you may unfold an area not thought to look.

My uncle was one and in the 70s my (autobody) mentor got a job to totally restore a 60 MORGAN.

My uncle did the interior in WHITE Leather from ITALY with deep green welt.

Anyways, we have MAYBE 2 places left in town but it's worth a look see and ask around! Good luck!

Henry

PS: There is also the GRAIN which you may be concerned with (or not.)
    henry,

Len put me onto a really great guy who is assisting me. Thank you for your comments and suggestions, as always they are much appreciated my friend.

henry,

Len put me onto a really great guy who is assisting me. Thank you for your comments and suggestions, as always they are much appreciated my friend.
    good news. do you think you've got it handled now?
    b marler

good news. do you think you've got it handled now?
    I think we do. We are still working through this but things are looking good.

Try Midwest Fabric
    https://midwestfabrics.com/
    Rochford Supply

https://www.rochfordsupply.com/

i finally got some feedback from my italian car buddies on this, and they all point to connoly as the supplier for ferrari, lancia, and other high end makes.

cut and paste from my thread on the other site from owner of aurelia b24.
    Friday, 2:19 pm
    Connolly Vaulmol was used in Aurelias, Appias, Flaminias, and Flavias, at the very least. Depending, it's possible Connolly may be your friend's correct choice. Occasionally, leather sample books for Lancia and various other Italian cars show up online.

there was a link here but it didn't work.

Some years back I wrote to Hussey about the perished leather in my B24, and whether or not it was salvageable. He was kind enough to answer, though the news was not what I'd wanted to hear.
    b marler