TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: C2 Corvette repair-what type resin

Default C2 Corvette repair-what type resin

It's been 20 years since I did any Corvette repair. I have a 1964 Corvette I'm starting on and need to know what type fiberglass resin to use with fiberglass mat for repairs to cracks, holes, etc.-finish or laminating? OR-should I use an epoxy resin? Brand and part# would help too. Many of the resins I see for sale don't state if they're laminating or finish resin. I think in the past I used laminating resin but can't remember.....(I did a google search and came away more confused than when I started) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy51 View Post
    It's been 20 years since I did any Corvette repair. I have a 1964 Corvette I'm starting on and need to know what type fiberglass resin to use with fiberglass mat for repairs to cracks, holes, etc.-finish or laminating? OR-should I use an epoxy resin? Brand and part# would help too. Many of the resins I see for sale don't state if they're laminating or finish resin. I think in the past I used laminating resin but can't remember.....(I did a google search and came away more confused than when I started) Thanks
    We normally use resin and mat shown below.

If you have a small to medium size job you can purchase a kit that has everything in it

And if you only have a small repair you can purchase a small kit

In '64 the Vettes were still all fiberglass. The newer ones, don't know exactly when they switched to SMC which uses an epoxy resin. You car would use just plain old fiberglass resin with the tiger hair and matt.