TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Sagola G junior

Default Sagola G junior

Len,

What info do you have on the Sagola G JR? Didn't known this existed. What are your thoughts of comparing this to the SRI mini (1.3 tip) in comparison to the Sagola G junior 1.4 tip for cut in bc/cc? Sagola has a great pattern and is an easy gun to pick up on but I'm wondering if the horns and tip of this model are specific for primer, your thoughts? I may be mistaking but my thinking is "junior" equates to mini like the SRI?

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=3SAG

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Len,

What info do you have on the Sagola G JR? Didn't known this existed. What are your thoughts of comparing this to the SRI mini (1.3 tip) in comparison to the Sagola G junior 1.4 tip for cut in bc/cc? Sagola has a great pattern and is an easy gun to pick up on but I'm wondering if the horns and tip of this model are specific for primer, your thoughts? I may be mistaking but my thinking is "junior" equates to mini like the SRI?

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=3SAG
    DeVilbiss has gone through some big changes in the last few months, all of their part numbers have changed and a lot of their guns are no on the marked including the SRI.

I haven't used the Sagola Junior G but it sells for such a low price I don't know how it can perform like the more expensive guns. One of my favorite guns is the Sagola Mini Xtreme but the price is significantly higher. The Junior G may be great for shooting primer but I don't know about shooting top coats. The Mini Xtreme is not as small as the SRI and I use it a lot for shooting mid size jobs like bumpers or blending spots.

Len,

Pretty much what I thought as the Sagola jr price was a shock at that price, so I'm guessing a good primer gun. For a good primer gun that is a good deal if it holds up to the Sagola quality.

Default Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    DeVilbiss has gone through some big changes in the last few months, all of their part numbers have changed and a lot of their guns are no on the marked including the SRI.

I haven't used the Sagola Junior G but it sells for such a low price I don't know how it can perform like the more expensive guns. One of my favorite guns is the Sagola Mini Xtreme but the price is significantly higher. The Junior G may be great for shooting primer but I don't know about shooting top coats. The Mini Xtreme is not as small as the SRI and I use it a lot for shooting mid size jobs like bumpers or blending spots.

Yeah, I wonder about this gun as it says the following in the specs on the gun:

"For blending and spotting or painting small to medium size parts there is no better gun."

Makes a guy wonder.

If/when you get one, Len, please post your conclusion and thanks.

Henry

Len,

Pretty much what I thought as the Sagola jr price was a shock at that price, so I'm guessing a good primer gun. For a good primer gun that is a good deal if it holds up to the Sagola quality.
    I just got my Junior G (with 1.8 tip) today. I'll let you know when I use it for primer.

Len,

Just got the Sagola catalog from you. Wow, very informative and am glad I picked this up from you. I'm still baffled over the price of the Sagola G junior, am I missing something at that price, even for a primer gun that is remarkable? Will needle/cap (if needle is needed to change flow) sets become available for purchase? I looked through the catalog briefly and didn't find any additional info. Also, will my 4600 adapter fit on that gun for the 3M PPS system (1st gen)? Sorry for all these questions but that may be a primer gun to suggest when forum members are looking for a good primer gun that can also handle SS or feather fill.

Can't wait to see what your experience is with this gun

Len,

Just got the Sagola catalog from you. Wow, very informative and am glad I picked this up from you. I'm still baffled over the price of the Sagola G junior, am I missing something at that price, even for a primer gun that is remarkable? Will needle/cap (if needle is needed to change flow) sets become available for purchase? I looked through the catalog briefly and didn't find any additional info. Also, will my 4600 adapter fit on that gun for the 3M PPS system (1st gen)? Sorry for all these questions but that may be a primer gun to suggest when forum members are looking for a good primer gun that can also handle SS or feather fill.

Can't wait to see what your experience is with this gun
    After a quick inspection it appears to be a decent quality gun for the price and I don't see parts being available however, for the low price, if you need a different fluid tip you could just purchase another gun. One of the things I like about it is that it has the tip size stamped on the air cap so if you had more than one gun you don't need to remove the air cap to see the tip size.

The Junior G has a different cup-to-gun configuration than the other Sagola guns so it won't take the same disposable cup adapter. I have several different adapters but none that fit it.

I used this Junior G to spray my 2K filler primer today and it did a great job. Nice even and wide pattern. Now I need to find disposable cup adapters so I don't need to clean the cup.

OK I just used the Junior G to spray Optex 4-1 using the 1.8 fluid tip and it did an excellent job of spraying the coating evenly with very little overspray. It's hard to believe a gun that's priced so low can do this well.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    OK I just used the Junior G to spray Optex 4-1 using the 1.8 fluid tip and it did an excellent job of spraying the coating evenly with very little overspray. It's hard to believe a gun that's priced so low can do this well.
    This is good news! Like you I am shocked at the price, I have a feeling it won't stay that way long.

This is good news! Like you I am shocked at the price, I have a feeling it won't stay that way long.
    Maybe not but since different fluid tips aren't sold separately I just had a customer that just purchased three Junior G guns with the different tip sizes. I've been using mine with the 1.8 to spray Slick Sand and Optex and it's working great.