TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Buffing Factory Clear

Default Buffing Factory Clear

I'm not too impressed with the factory paint, (Orange peel), on our 21 Camry. I've cut and buffed my own paint jobs to the point where they looked great but I am not interested in sanding this car due to the uncertainty of the CC thickness.

How much of an improvement do you think there would be if I just buffed it? I realize the OP will pretty much remain but I am looking for some refinement of the shine. Should I start like I usually do with a wool pad and rotary tool or should I start with the foam pad? I also have a Makita BO6040 in locked mode that I usually use for the final polish.

Thanks!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by 69-er View Post
    I'm not too impressed with the factory paint, (Orange peel), on our 21 Camry. I've cut and buffed my own paint jobs to the point where they looked great but I am not interested in sanding this car due to the uncertainty of the CC thickness.

How much of an improvement do you think there would be if I just buffed it? I realize the OP will pretty much remain but I am looking for some refinement of the shine. Should I start like I usually do with a wool pad and rotary tool or should I start with the foam pad? I also have a Makita BO6040 in locked mode that I usually use for the final polish.

Thanks!

Larry
    if you already have the tools, why not experiment? i buffed the factory paint on my wife's car and it helped a lot. you are right about the cc being thin though, be careful on the corners.
    b marler