TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Sealing a new motorcycle gas tank ?s.

Default Sealing a new motorcycle gas tank ?s.

What is the best method to seal the inside of a motorcycle gas tank? And do you seal up by the filler plug?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    What is the best method to seal the inside of a motorcycle gas tank? And do you seal up by the filler plug?

Thank you.
    This product has been a number one choice for years.

Kreem -------- https://massdepot.com/1210?utm_sourc...xoCfP8QAvD_BwE

Thank you sir. I've looked at that brand, and will probably use it. I need to get started back on this project.

Thanks.

Default Hmmmmm....

Thank you sir. I've looked at that brand, and will probably use it. I need to get started back on this project.

Thanks.
    Go with what Phil says. He's tried them all and he knows. (Learned over 50 years!)

OK, now, since you're here, what's going on with your car at the frame shop?

(I posted the question here as you were last seen in this area!)

Henry

Well, I just called Tuesday to check on it, he said he hasn't forgot about it, and will be doing all of his frame work very soon,. I was told this week, as is the next day, he would call me, but hasn't, so it's in bodyshop jail.

Thanks.

Well, I just called Tuesday to check on it, he said he hasn't forgot about it, and will be doing all of his frame work very soon,. I was told this week, as is the next day, he would call me, but hasn't, so it's in bodyshop jail.

Thanks.
    feels like a hostage situation doesn't it? i hate depending on others for anything, their priorities are never aligned with mine. can't blame them for it, business is business. please the masses and all that.
    b marler

I've used several gas tank liners over the years but the best product I have ever used was the Kreem product just as phil V suggested. About 10-12 years ago I restored my original 400 amp, 1979 Miller Big 40 welder gas welder (I bought it used in 1981) in which the gas tank was well rusted. I performed an electrolysis process on the tank to remove rust with a battery charger, Tide laundry soap and distilled water before lining with the Kreem product. Inside tank came out like new (sorry no pics of inside tank) and still is solid too this day. After the results I got with this 10 gallon welder gas tank It is the only product I will use. Great advice from phil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (98.5 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.4 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (95.9 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (17.2 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (95.1 KB, 14 views)

i love how that welder came out. looks better than new! those old m-g sets are so handy, when you need one nothing else will do.
    that restoration reminds me of the quincy phil restored a while back. that kind of project is so fun to do, i wish i had more time for stuff like that. i have a couple of machines on my to do list. one is a cool old burgmaster turret drill. some day i'll have time for it.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i love how that welder came out. looks better than new! those old m-g sets are so handy, when you need one nothing else will do.
    that restoration reminds me of the quincy phil restored a while back. that kind of project is so fun to do, i wish i had more time for stuff like that. i have a couple of machines on my to do list. one is a cool old burgmaster turret drill. some day i'll have time for it.
    I couldn't agree more. These restore projects are fast and easy. I love the old Continental 4 cyc. RED engines. They lope along all day and weld like butter. Automatic kick up still works like the day I bought it. I carry 200' foot leads for both ground and stick which makes it really versatile. I've had this welder so long I couldn't dare to part with her. At the time of restore I went through the engine and sent the windings off for re-varnish. To this day it welds like a new machine.