TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Hok klear usc01

Default Hok klear usc01

Just sprayed hok usc01. Wondering if anyone experienced difficulty spraying it. I sprayed too much too fast and it solvent popped bad. Second time sanded hood down to metal and refinished with 30 minute flash between coats of clear, came out fantastic. My only problem was the clear left in the gun while waiting for 30 minute flash and spray again, it would try and kick off setting up. I used the correct reducer for the temperature. Finally put the clear in a cool bucket of water between coats and all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by 56vettman View Post
    Just sprayed hok usc01. Wondering if anyone experienced difficulty spraying it. I sprayed too much too fast and it solvent popped bad. Second time sanded hood down to metal and refinished with 30 minute flash between coats of clear, came out fantastic. My only problem was the clear left in the gun while waiting for 30 minute flash and spray again, it would try and kick off setting up. I used the correct reducer for the temperature. Finally put the clear in a cool bucket of water between coats and all was well.
    Was the temperature in the shop high? Were you using a hardener designed for that temperature?

Don't mix more paint than you need for an application when the weather is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Was the temperature in the shop high? Were you using a hardener designed for that temperature?

Temp was 82. Reducer was 75-85 medium reducer. I didn't know exact temp in the shop. It was midnight when I started. After placing the spray cup in cool water it laid down nicely. Lots of rubbing but the clear is amazing shine. 1200 grit wet sand, then 2000, then 3000, then 8000 and finally trizact buff with air buffer.