TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Raising the Dead

Default Raising the Dead

Thanks to style for digging up some old threads got me wondering about the very first thread ever posted here on this forum.

I think it would be fun to see/read some of the first posts ever made, by whom and if they are still active here on this forum.

Anyone else interested?

Len, is this possible, or should I be asking styleÖ lol

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Thanks to style for digging up some old threads got me wondering about the very first thread ever posted here on this forum.

I think it would be fun to see/read some of the first posts ever made, by whom and if they are still active here on this forum.

Anyone else interested?

Len, is this possible, or should I be asking styleÖ lol
    Henry is probably one of the oldest members along with Phil V. You can do a search on almost any topic and dig up old threads that can lead you to other old members.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Henry is probably one of the oldest members along with Phil V. You can do a search on almost any topic and dig up old threads that can lead you to other old members.
    I was hoping you had a link or something to easily bring up the first thread.

A quick search seems to only go back as far as 2005.

I thought this site debuted in '98?

I was hoping you had a link or something to easily bring up the first thread.

A quick search seems to only go back as far as 2005.

I thought this site debuted in '98?
    When we first started using a bulletin board in 98 we used a different program for several years then we switched to V Bulletin (this program) but I'm not sure when.

All the posts from 1998 to 2005 disappeared when this site did a software change in 2005.

I came here in 1998 and the board was pretty active already when I got here.

So, long story short is the furthest you can go back to messages posted is 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    All the posts from 1998 to 2005 disappeared when this site did a software change in 2005.

I came here in 1998 and the board was pretty active already when I got here.

So, long story short is the furthest you can go back to messages posted is 2005.
    That sucks, 7+ years of great advice went POOF!

Wow, you guys (Phil, Henry & others Iím unaware of) have certainly been loyal to this site.

You (and the other pros here) have most definitely paid it forward over the years helping thousands of people by sharing your professional advice. It is so awesome that anyone can come here with a question and find themselves bombarded with solid suggestions on how to tackle a particular problem. Then, as an added bonus you have Lenís store with everything available for most projects.

Almost a quarter century! Damn Len, did you ever in your wildest dreams think this would carry on this long?

Definitely need to celebrate the 25th anniversary! It will be here before you know it.

Better start stocking the store with lots of beer; you know Ronís orders can be quite large!

Again, Great job Len & thanks for all your help.

Still donít know how you keep up with all this shit.

And I'm still doing cars. sheesh! I'm getting too old for this.

buick1.jpg
    buick2.jpg
    buick3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    And I'm still doing cars. sheesh! I'm getting too old for this.

buick1.jpg
    buick2.jpg
    buick3.jpg
    Beautifully done Len,

Looks like a í55 Century?

I have always been fond of the í55 Roadmaster (very similar); those old Buicks are cool!

Beautifully done Len,

Looks like a ’55 Century?

I have always been fond of the ’55 Roadmaster (very similar); those old Buicks are cool!
    That's what it is a 55 Century. Good call, you must be a fan.